1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware 1200W PSU Roundup 2014

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 15 Sep 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Thaifood

Thaifood Minimodder

Wish I had the pc to need 1200 w

3. Panos

Panos Minimodder

I bought the SuperFlower 1000W platinum to power up the brand new 295X2 and must admit is fantastic.

But a warning. The 1000W+ Superflowers are 40% bigger than a standard size PSU.

4. ZeDestructor

ZeDestructor Minimodder

Do note that the EVGA 1200W P2 is just a recased, stickered-over Superflower Leadex Platinum. As such, any differences in performance lie in the individual PSUs themselves. Interesting, isn't it?

There's also an 80Plus Gold variant of that platform used out there (Leadex Gold and EVGA G2 iirc), and the differences mostly lie in the capacitor choice for the secondary rail VRM.

5. MSIRawZ

MSIRawZ MSI UK Rep

Surprised to see Seasonic come short vs it's competitors. Still posted some great results, but looks like Leadex is fast taking over. Even better so without the high price tag.

6. shinji2k

shinji2k Minimodder

Yeah it's odd to see the three Seasonic built units with 12V ripple that high. It's usually closer to 25mV max for the X-1250 Gold (Be Quiet) and X-1200 Plat (Cooler Master) designs. But yeah, the Leadex Plat is the one to beat with pretty much non-existent ripple and rock solid regulation. The Delta made Antec still edges it out with build quality but Superflower has come a long way in the last few years.

7. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

1200 watts is the starting point for any serious gaming rig.

8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

1200w isn't enough for my needs

9. Gadgety

Gadgety What's a Dremel?

Superb, truly superb review covering a lot of aspects with all the tables. I only miss photos of the soldering fit and finish. Hopefully you'll do the 1500-2000+ W review, including the new AX1500i and the (Europe only) 2000W Leadex SuperFlower, and test dual Antec 1300Ws. Would be a great Christmas read.

10. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Take the recommended wattage recommended on this site and double it.

11. Luay

Luay What's a Dremel?

Terrific job Bit-Tech!

As the article says, all these units do the job and differences in efficiency & ripple are minor. So naturally, I go to the noise level part of the article and base my choice on that. Superflower and Flextronics (Corsair AXi) seems to be the **** right now. You guys need to clear one thing though;

I looked all over the article for the Seasonic's model name but can't find it. Is this the XP2 or XP3 model? If it is the XP3 then count me as disappointed.

What do you guys know of the Corsair HXi series? are they as quite on load as the AXi or louder?

12. Luay

Luay What's a Dremel?

I looked all over the article for the Seasonic's model name but can't find it. Is this the XP2 or XP3 model?

13. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Hi Luay,

Model name for the SilverStone PSU is SS-1200XP3

Haven't had any experience testing that particular series so wouldn't be able to comment - sorry!

Tags: Add Tags