1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gears of War has gone gold

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 26 Oct 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Looks like a good game. I'm really hoping its not "all show no go", like oh so many Hondas.

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

"a Gears of War guitar"...?
    Wow, that certainly ties in with the game theme :eyebrow:

OK, so I'm jealous because I have no chance in getting the guitar; I'll just have to make do with buying the game instead.

4. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Sweet this is good news as I've been looking forward to this game. No Delays (like Assassin's Creed and FF XII) and it's due out soon. I'm a bit dissapointed that such a high profile game on the 360 didn't warrent a Demo on live atleast to tease us. Oh well.

5. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Well not having a demo can mean one of two things:

1. Either they are so sure their game is amazingly good that they feel as though they can sell it on hype and it's own greatness.

2. Or they know the game doesn't live up to its hype so they want people to buy it before they find out it's a dud.

6. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

The first one.

7. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

I would hardly call someone who doesn't sit at the television playing video games a 'philistine'.

8. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I'm looking forward to this, and after watching the recent "cinematic" trailer they released (in HD no less), I want this even more :p With so many games coming out this November, I think I'm gonna be one broke panda...

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

[​IMG]

10. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Won't be getting it on launch day, but five days after (hopefully)! Although if I order all the stuff online, I probably can't say when I'll get it.

Yes, this is the game I'm getting a 360 for. And Mass Effect, but that's next year.
    Actually, it was originally supposed to be an X-Box 360 launch title. :p

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Another theory on the demo:

Demos can sometimes be completely different to the game, so as not to give too much away. Epic may have decided that to take time to develop the demo would take time away from meeting their 17th November launch date, and decided not to?

Of course, there's always the confidence in their product thing, or knowing it's terrible, but I doubt it's going to suck. At least, I hope it's not going to suck, been excited since I saw the first screenies of the game :D

Tags: Add Tags