1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Vista bug delayed release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Oct 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

Well, I'd rather them fix the problem now and wait a week, than having to hotfix your vista install everytime you format!

3. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

I hope the other 499 bugs aren't as significant.

4. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

The forum link is invalid...just letting you know :)

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

whoops, thanks for the heads up - two stories the same written up within 10 mins of each other, merged the threads and forgot to double check the link.

the joys of most being out of the office this morning... :)

6. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

nice that they fixed it, and to be fair 499 bugs in an OS that is what, 10 billion lines long (its huge, thats a total exaggeration but it is huge) isnt at all bad.

7. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Well since I wont be getting Vista for some time, I would prefer the bugs to be ironed out before release.

8. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

My main machine probably won't get Vista until SP1.

9. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Delay a release just bbecause there are problems, that dosent sound like microsoft at all. Release an unfinished product now and slowly release updates to make it functional.

10. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Remember, the 500 are a list of "known" bugs. I'm sure there are many many more that have yet to be discovered. (Which is what Security updates, patches, and service packs are for etc). It'd be near impossible to ship a bug free product, especially one of this size/scope/complexity.

Personally, they can't ship this thing fast enough. Win XP just hasn't been "enough" for my needs for sooo long now. I need Vista and all it's extra features to make me that much more productive ASAP. Wait a sec, something about this paragraph just doesn't add up... :p

Seriously though, ship it whenever you want, Vista has no relevance to me until A. DX10 cards ship, and B. DX10 runtime ships (which may not come with Vista, and release later in an update?). Anything until then, is simply off the radar.

Aggies

11. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

It is virtually impossible to ship any product bug free, is anyone surprised to see vista delayed again? :confused: :confused: :confused:

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

wont get this soon..... i will wait until it gets its service pack (it will be very soon after it gets out).

Tags: Add Tags