1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Overclockers UK talks G80 pricing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 1 Nov 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Tetsugaku-San

Tetsugaku-San What's a Dremel?

Well I've always skipped a GeForce generation, I've had a GF2, a GF4 and now a GF6 so I *will* be getting one . . . . just not quite at launch I don't think, give it 4-5 months for the mid range, £200 card to come out and I'm there :D

3. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Around £650 for the GTX version then?

Holy :eeek:

4. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

I can't wait for these cards to come out!

Purely because I want to buy a cheap 7900gt to compliment my other one :D

Seriously though, I'm not gonna jump on Vista as soon as it's available so the whole DX10 experience is probably a minumum of 6-12 months away for me. Therefore, other than the extra grunt they might hand me in current DX9 titles, I don't see much point in adopting this one early.

As has already been said, once a mid ranged, £200 8xxx series is available, that will probably when I make the change.

Though tbh, I'll be looking to get a C2D setup first :D

5. Djpuk

Djpuk What's a Dremel?

I was going to build a new box about 6-9 months ago and held off waiting for DX10 cards and Quad Core processors.
    Looks like the pricing is going to make this one expensive beast when I build it then!

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

If you see what one can do you will want to sell organs for one.

7. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

The prices may not fall that much for the 7900gt. I had a 7800gt and was planning to go sli shortly after the 7900 series came out the 7900gt was priced less than the 7800gt and the prices for 7800 took a good 3-4 months to drop down and large amount

I may go and jump on this card for a Christmas build if the numbers are a huge jump from the current 7900 series

8. MrBadidea

MrBadidea What's a Dremel?

wts: kidney, lung & testicle.

pm offers plz. :X

9. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

Expensive, assuming the prices posted elsewhere are actually correct.
    Ebuyer had em for 315/407 for GTS and GTX.

10. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

I take your point, as I did the exactly the same.

Maybe I'm being a little naive but with this not only being a new generation of cards but also a new generation of DirectX, I just thought that the current gen is gonna seem quite outdated.

This will have to be reflected in the prices of the 7xxx series surely?

I hope.

Well, if it's not, I might just sell my 7900gt and go with two 8800gtx in SLI :worried:

11. phat-ant

phat-ant What's a Dremel?

typical the UK getting ripped off once again.
    was hopping to get one one of these bad boys when they come in but with a mear 200 in the uk at stupid prices i think ill pass. :(

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Gotta remember this isn't just another pointless release for a tiny bit more power, this is a big release, a new generation of graphics cards, so I would expect the prices to the 7000 series cards to drop quicker than say the 7800s did when the 7900s were released.

What I hate about graphics cards is that they seem to release a new one every week, it just makes buying a new graphics card that much harder, because there are thousands of cards with names only slightly different, it's difficult to tell which one is better than the other, with CPUs it's pretty obvious, bigger number usualy = better CPU, but as soon as they started adding turbo diesel to the end of graphics cards names it got a bit confusing if you don't pay alot of attention to it.

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

no, it's £150 more after VAT if I'm reading the thread correctly. :)

Gibbo does this with every launch and I don't honestly know how he gets away with it, other than that I guess he shifts a lot of stock. :rolleyes:

14. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

jesus bloody christ :eeek: thats insane money.

i barely had any problems with games with an x1800xt. so for example if i had a x1950xtx and it ran everything maxed out on every game, how can the 8800's kill every dx9 card out there if the games that need the extra shader power arent around.

i dont know if anyone gets what i mean there lol. essentially what i meant was if we use oblivion as an example as its a stupidly ott gpu heavy game. you can max that out on an x1950xtx or a 7950gx2, and i cant see many games before vista being that intensive whats the point of the card lol. may aswell wait 6 months at least

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

you'll have to wait and see.

16. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

That seems more on the money.

Just OcUK abusing the lack of stock to get some juicy profits on the first units.

That or were about to all be working nights aswell.

17. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Hmmm i'll have two, and the Extreme native quad core....and 3gb of ram please

In march07 that should be what....£1750, or around that? Splendid, that leaves £750 to play with :lol:

18. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

What I want to know is does bit-tech have one of these babies up their sleaves? I can't wait to see the review in any case. :baby:

(/me waits for Tim's single smilie response.... :rolleyes: )

19. Zut

Zut What's a Dremel?

*spits out tea*

I once paid £450 for a GF3 on the day it came out.... Im never making that mistake again! I was going to wait until Feb/March anyway though.

20. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

One? Mr Smalley probably has 4 and Bindi is probably trying to get hold of em aswell

Tags: Add Tags