1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wii Virtual Console Info

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 6 Nov 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

Is that picture really what the wii is supposed to look like. And all I can say is its time to get that 007 goldeneye on! That an a little starfox and perfect dark. Who cant go wrong with some legends of zelda.

That is if they are going to let you download n64 titles as well.

3. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

personally i'm glad they are using a console lock feature, its far better than forcing you to download to system storage and then having to delete games when it gets full

first purchases will be a 1gb sd card and a gamecube controller i think.

4. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Yeah, but only in white for now :(

<A88>

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The Virtual Console Controller is only £15. May just get a GC pad.

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

:waah:

Your not going to like this, but, rare (the people behind goldeneye and perfect dark) were bought by microsoft a while back... and... that means... no goldeneye or perfect dark... :waah:

Please.. if someone knows better than me, shout out... but I'm pretty sure thats whats happening.. I read it a while back.. :sigh:

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This BS pisses me off. Every company will do it in time and it's frustrating. As long as you can't copy the game to another persons console (ie: keep it on SD) then you should be able to take it elsewhere. Only when the IDs match you can copy it to internal flash. I suppose there's nothing stopping you making a copy of the game and just giving it to your friend to keep on an SD stick :/

I recommend a wavebird controller to everyone, cause they rock :D

8. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

if I understand this correctly, if I want to play a gc game I must use a wired gc controller? lame. I see no reason for them not to work with the classic controller. I thought we were finally going to be able to go completely wireless. :confused:

One thing I haven't heard: wii uses bluetooth right? so will it be able to connect to standard bluetooth devices like headsets for online play or maybe even other devices for streaming?

9. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

lame.. DRM the fun part of consoles is taking games over to freinds houses :(

10. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Actually (and I'm surprised to be saying this) the DRM on this is OK by me. I understand that it would be nice to copy a game to SD then play it @ a friend's house just like you could with the old cartridges & CDs but then they'd have even more draconian DRM on the stick (once it was authorized I'd have trouble downloading it again if it got wiped / swiped / damaged). Frankly the console looks small enough to be quite portable anyway - as long as the cables in the back aren't too huge of a pain.

11. Sea Shadow

Sea Shadow aka "Panda"

QFT

This DRM scheme doesn't bother me. I mean it isn't like it is really going to bother us. They keep track of what games we own so we can delete them from our console if we need more space, but if we ever want to play the old games again then its a simple matter of downloading them again. And if the console dies Nintendo will help you get your games back as well. The only reason I see people have to complain is that they can't take an SD card with the games and take it to a friends house, and given the size of the console it isnt going to be that much effort to take it with you. Especially so if your friend already has a Wii, you can leave your cables controllers and everything, just grab your console and go. Even if you had to bring all the cables and controllers, the console is smaller and takes up less space than the rest of the peripherals. You can't say that about the Xbox 360 or PS3.

12. BladeofTheImmortal

BladeofTheImmortal What's a Dremel?

Sucks for Wii people, but guess what Sony is allowing you to DL your games on other systems. Bought games are bought on the User Profile, not by your system(hope you get what I'm saying). So you can go to a friends house with a PS3, log in to your name and get your game on.

Sorry, but the Virtual Controller isn't wire free anyway. You have to hook it up to the Wii Remote through a cord.

13. Skutbag

Skutbag What's a Dremel?

Oh, no way. Now my friends have to pay £5 to download a copy of Mario Kart 64 as well as me? If they're too tight fisted to fork out for some truly awesome software then I don't want them as freinds!

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

qft

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

The console is realy realy realy small, it is almost as portable as the PSP, this does not bother me, and i think it will rock.

I bet that the Virtual Controller will be wireless anyway.

16. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

Exactly. How to play virtual games at a mates house in 6 easy steps.

1) Download Cybernator (SNES).
    2) Unplug Wii.
    3) Go to mates house.
    4) Plug in Wii.
    5) Play Cybernator at a mates house.
    6) Don't forget popcorn.

17. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I do like the way I do it better, take out the cartrige and bring it with me. But at least the Wii is small.

And the games better not cost much seeing as I can get them for my nes still for less than $2.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yes but how many old skool games do you want to play though? I know of at least a dozen at £5 a pop gets expensive. I suppose you can split it in half with your mates but it still goes against fair use. If the PS3 ties it to a profile rather than a unit then kudos to them!

19. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

Nintendo was the publisher for both goldeneye and perfect dard so I suspect that they own the rights to publish them on the virtual cosnsole. Even if they didn't MS are still letting Rare develop game boy games and I see no reason why they wouldn't let Nintendo put the games on the virtual console as they could make money from it.

20. BladeofTheImmortal

BladeofTheImmortal What's a Dremel?

Yes, as far I've heard(from a movie like a month ago that I cannot find, sorry) I think it was Phil himself that said it was tied to User Profile. Also, Sony isn't using any of this Points systems crap. It has a wallet and you pay for games in dollar amounts(you know, like you do at a store). I thought someone here said something about Sony using a points based system(might've been Kotaku).

Tags: Add Tags