1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Zune incompatible with Vista

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 15 Nov 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

vista is only a test version. this isnt a major problem, plus i cant buy the zune anyway.. damn microsoft.. :wallbash:

3. quack

quack Minimodder

A test version? What do you mean?

4. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

well you cant walk into a shop and buy it, its a pre-release public test version

5. kempez

kempez modding again!

LOL

Zune is a waste of money imo (so no flaming ;)) but MS should really have checked this :p

6. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

muckraking from apple fanboys.

7. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

pfftttthahaha. the picture.... the incompatibility... dropping playsforsure... and vista offers nothing over xp other than directx10. why am I supposed to buy the 400$ os again? oh yea. its got purdy windows.

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

[​IMG]

holly s***t!!!

10. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

LOL. I couldn't believe it myself either when I first saw that. Is that picture really what we think it is?

11. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

I'm not particularly interested in either the Zune or an Ipod.

When I'm in the market for a portable media player, I'll be purchasing a piece of hardware that will play every piece of media I throw at it, with minimum security fuss and maximum file and user flexibility. Something on par with the average USB stick. Plug it in, move files, unplug, play files. No drivers needed, or custom installation required. No ********, just pure simplicity.

That said, second thing to look out for would be sound quality, and third would be battery life.

12. MeTaLliC

MeTaLliC What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Thats two chicks getting it on :naughty: :naughty:

Good one Microsoft :thumb:

13. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:confused: Who @ M$ chose and approved that pic?

When you reported that "Zune doesn't play for sure" I never dreamed that would extend to Vista. :duh:

:hehe: From the product description for the "Diamond Viper ATI X1300 PCI 256MB Video Card":
    (Note to Amazon: cut & paste is great but so is proofreading.) :idea: I should buy one two and put it them on my K6/3+ :D :rolleyes:

14. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

That'll be an iriver then?

15. Risky

Risky Modder

Or iAudio from Cowon. My player is an X5. It appears as a usb hard drive in Windows. Drag, drop and done. And plays Ogg, Flac as well as the rest.

I don't see the need to be tied in to some DRM-infested online music store. Buying a CD is better value and you get to choose your audio format and have the disk as backup etc.

16. Iago

Iago What's a Dremel?

17. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

So a brand new bit of hardware doesn't work out of the box on a beta release of an OS? Must have been a slow news day.

18. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

The real news is what was linked to from Engadget, after a fairly enjoyable read all I can say is that Microsoft's department that does their testing (if they have one) are atrocious.

19. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

It's not like iTunes has been any better. I remember having all sorts of problems trying to get my iPod connected up first time.

And like iTunes, I'm sure the Zune software will improve as newer versions are released.

20. Iago

Iago What's a Dremel?

It keeps getting worse...the net is full of reviews where the Zune crashed when installing...

http://faruk.newsvine.com/_news/2006/11/12/438632-zune-install-screen-raises-eyebrows
    http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/zune.ars

The guys at ars are very generous though. The WiFi in it's current inception is totally useless and the player failed to sync the reviewers music library and it still gets a 7.

If 2 of your major selling points fail or are seen as irrelevant on launch day, the initial impression you are giving is going to be bad. Apple could live through it when launching iPods, as there were no entrenched and dominant mp3 players back then. But today, if you want to go for iPod's throat, you have to do much, much better than this.

Tags: Add Tags