1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Universal sues MySpace

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 20 Nov 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

$150,000?

Next question: How did they work that out?

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Easier to remove offending content?

So we can see the back of the whining emo kid/goth wannabe myspaces then - sounds good to me.

4. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

I was going to post a long rant with a distinct choice of words, however it's not going to change anything so:

So long MySpace :(

There won't be much content left if that happens.

I don't understand why they are not taking the same approach as with YouTube, instead of killing the service with one large hammer fist, could they not implement some sort of content checking functionality?

Of course, this is assuming they just don't want to kill off any existing models that may interfere with the Zune to be released Marketplace? ;)

rupbert

Last edited: 20 Nov 2006
  5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Typical

:sigh:

6. TheSaladMan

TheSaladMan What's a Dremel?

I would like to welcome my fellow Bit-Tech users to last week!

7. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

oh what a witty remark! Have yourself a beer and pat yourself on the back. I think you should be the one that welcomes everyone that watches TV (instead of reading RSS feeds on their mijiggymiblob 3000) to one month-or-more ago.

asside from that... I don't like myspace, however, I would hate for it to be shut down, that would cause a sudden rush of internet dependant ingrates to suddenly flood the entire internet with pictures of their nipples... Rather than just myspace.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

That would be the vroominator 3000

One of the reasons I avoid myspace like the plague is how everyones myspace...space has 3 music and video streams going all at one. So whenever you open a new page you get bombarded with sound.

If it gets rid of this, or even myspace itself, then I won't be missing anything at all.

9. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

you
    cant
    remove

MySpace

what would all the Emo's do??? its nice to keep them all in one place, it keeps them away from the rest of us :S -- dang! ;p

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Or, actually, two days ago according to Digg. Either way it's been the WEEKEND and some of us actually do other things in that time. If you heard it before that then good for you but no need for the snarkyness :nono:

11. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

oh no :O my girlfriend will be so disheartened that she can't post pictures of herself all over a web page at those stupid "camera in the ceiling" angles..

but seriously, the RIAA is just after more money to improve their own lives whilst destroying other peoples. i dunno how "Tom" is gonna pay for this or even if he is..

how much content exactly is there on myspace O,o.. jesus, theyre truely screwed

12. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Um, you do realise that tom did not invent myspace, he was merely the human face that they used to distract people from the fact that myspace is one big advert. I believe that myspace was in fact set up by a company formerly famous for spam and spywear.

13. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Greedy scum... My advice? Pirate more and DO NOT BUY THEIR SHT!

-ed out

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Yay, I think they should burn it down.

15. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

hmmm... hollywood sues a user generated content site... slow news day? (i kid)

Everyone knows these lawsuits are just greedy attempts to steal money. The fact is the internet, or even a single site as large as myspace, is impossible to police. no site of such size should be expected to be aware of a million pages that get changed ten thousand times a day, theres not enough manpower available to monitor every change to every webpage immediately as they are changed. If copyright is being infringed, the copyright holder should contact the site and ask it to be removed. if it is not removed then they should ask for an injunction or whatever to have the site shut down. but all this asking 150,000 per violation is stupid and it should be thrown out of court and they should be fined for wasting the courts time on frivolous lawsuits.

btw, in most all cases where no profit is made, I have trouble with mpaa/riaa/whoever saying money is owed them for copyright infringement. If they had their way, we would all pay for everysingle time we even remembered a song, much less actually played it on our computer. If I'm not selling pirated material for profit there are few circumstances where I think any legal action should be taken. something like a myspace page is more like an advertisement displaying someones personality and some copyright material may be necessary in order to convey a persons thoughts or feelings. Kind of like those collages they had us do in school where they required kids to use copyright images from magazines to convey something.

16. Charles1

Charles1 What's a Dremel?

I second that! Keep emo kids in one spot last thing I need them doing is flooding south coast plaza or Fashion Island with their ugly napy looks LOL. Will see what happens to myspace. But I do have to say if it reduces the videos I see when I see my friends it be good.

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No, just use other means to support your bands:

DONT buy online music, buy CDs/DVDs.
    Go to gigs and buy merchandise.

18. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

reminds me of the somewhat forgotten employment of the "if what you play on your instrument is recognisable, you owe us" policy that MPA implemented in public areas. I'ts as though they're trying to completely dry the world out of all that is fun and creative. And turning music from an art form into a buisness opportunity where millions can be had at the expense of people who appreciate music. If i want to play some pink floyd on my guitar, it shouldnt be my head on a plate.. not that i can get any tabs anymore :wallbash:

suppose i farted to the rhythm of a Metallica song, would i be in debt

actually i hadnt :duh:. but this is probably due to actually visiting that site about 5 times in my life (and only to check out bands) and assumed it was similar to a profile site i used to use "facewhore" recently dubbed "profilenation" which was payed for and run by one man. So heh, learn something new each day i guess :D even if it does sound like a master conspiracy plan

Last edited: 21 Nov 2006
  19. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

If people listened to TWiT this week, they will know that there is a store in the US which when you buy a disc will upload the contents to your IPOD and send you the Disc and the iPod.

They are now being sued.

20. eddtox

eddtox Homo Interneticus

Am I the only one not surprised by this? I think I am going to patent breathing so that everybody has to pay me royalties for living!

-ed out

Tags: Add Tags