1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News LED gaming on tables

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 24 Nov 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I look at the picture and the only thing i thought at that split second was: "ouch! that got to be very painful standing like that for hours. It got to be named: the spine-breaker table game. "

3. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I wouldnt trust the output of a computer for roulette, its just not the same really.

4. bllt2bnry

bllt2bnry What's a Dremel?

Seems like a bit like style over substance to be honest.

5. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

The first thing I thought of is those really old handheld games where a series of LEDs represented the football players or the ball coming at the batter. To me this look like it's just a Slightly updated version of Pong - no big deal.

I'd also be reluctant to trust any electronic gambling device (but then I'm not a gambler anyway: my math is greater than my greed :) )

And this doesn't look near as good to me as the Multi-Touch system mentioned here (especially check out the "WoW demonstration" & yes we know it's not WoW but Warcraft3)

6. Tyinsar

thus making it even more "Apple-esque" :D

7. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

I like it, if I had the money it would be a cool thing to have around.

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Y'know, not everything white is Apple-esque...

<A88>

9. trailblazer

trailblazer What's a Dremel?

I agree the pong table is no big deal, anyhow can you imagine that in a bright or sunny room. There is a photo of the roulette table on the blog and that does look cool. Other uses I could think of might be in a restaurant for menu updates or changes, or in an airport where you could get an update of flight info etc from the table ! Or maybe it's already been done.

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

very interesting... lets see if this evolves into something more useful/fun.

11. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

Wow - Did any of you check the link to the fashion show in the blog? I'm not much for fashion shows, but this was pretty incredible. About halfway through the video it gets to the dresses that literally transform while the person is wearing them. They grow longer or shrink and change color while at the same time looking like hi-fashion dresses and not some geeky proof of concept. fantastic. Check it out.

Oh, and just a warning if you are at work while reading this: The very end of the video has a dress that gets sucked up into the woman's hat leaving her completely naked on stage. It looks cool, but if your boss happened to be looking over your shoulder at the time he might not appreciate it......

12. Tyinsar

Found what I was reminded of: this , this, and this . How about a full size table of one of those? :hehe:

I think this would be great as a home brew project but I suspect it's commercial potential is somewhat limited.

13. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Very impressive, some of the elements looked like something you might otherwise think to be special effects in sci-fi, others you could kind of see little hydraulic rams which spoiled it slightly for me :hehe:

14. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

Tags: Add Tags