1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Biggest malware threats still work on Vista

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 30 Nov 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

They might be the biggest threats in Nov but then again Vista did go Gold at the start of november meaning MS would be unable to fix the bugs at the time of release of Vista, unless an update has been released.

I will have to check mine when back at home

Kimbie

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

lets see if this is limited to malwares and not viruses and trojans.

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

If MS had not made the decision to fully integrate their browser into the OS this would be less of a problem. Granted, no browser is completly secure, but by giving that program greater access to the OS they have made the problem worse.

5. lepre

lepre Minimodder

-__-

anyway i ordered a macbook :D

6. trailblazer

trailblazer What's a Dremel?

I started a thread on this yesterday, but it kind of flew under the radar I guess. Anyway, I don't think any OS can be completely secure, as it's difficult to mitigate against the actions of the user, like for example opening attachements on emails that contain trojans and phishing scams. One of the good things about the MS os is that they work with just about any application out there. That's one of the weaknesses, as applications can make a system vulnerable. As has been said before, the only secure sytem is one thats switched off! Most of us are going to use our own preferred apps for email etc, so it sounds like the same old same old.

7. Djpuk

Djpuk What's a Dremel?

Malware...I am more concerned that Vista has a virgin IP stack that is completely unproven in the wild as yet, that has the potential to be really scary.
    As trailblazer rightly says you can only protect so much before the actions of the user overide your best coded intentions anyway.
    I think MS will always lose the battle when it comes to security, nothing written cannot be cracked at some point, it just happens quicker with windows as it is the most attractive target.

Tags: Add Tags