1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Kevin Rose talks about the iPod Phone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 5 Dec 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. riggs

riggs ^_^

I'm guessing it'll be iPod first, phone second?

tbh, if they want this to succeed they need to strike a deal with a major phone manufacturer rather than doing it alone. I dread to think what the phone functionality would be like.

As far as I know, the Motorola/iTunes phones didn't do too well. imo, the only company that have got it right so far are Sony/Ericsson...

3. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

the rokr is a rubbsih phone, no real upgrade over the e398 and a limit of 50 songs crippled it.

phones arent like mp3 players tho so i dont know how well an apple branded phone would sell as they would need to change to new models every few months and make a full lineup.

4. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Certainly in the US the iPhone will apparently not be sold with any of the network providers, I don't know why you question the fuctionality though, name me an Apple device that's difficult to use?

5. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Two batteries is pretty dumb IMHO. By the time you factor in the extra circuitry and physical packaging of the batteries, it will make for a larger, heavier, more complex phone than one with a single battery with a capacity equal to the total of the two.

Further, what if you don't want to use the iPod features one day but want to talk a lot. Then you're stuck running out of 'phone battery' juice while the 'music battery' is unused. Surely it makes much more sense to have a single battery feeding all functions - that way it can be used to its full capacity regardless of how an individual uses the device, a bit like how the shared 2MB cache of a Core2Duo chip is a better solution than 2x1MB caches.

6. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Perhaps not difficult to use, but light on features? That said, I couldn't care less if my phone didn't have a camera / video camera. I'd far rather have a slimmer, lighter phone with better battery life and awesome MP3 features. Fortunately I have a Sony Ericsson W810i, which rocks ass in every respect.

7. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

man that a lot of money and i got a sony w800 with 2Gb card got the phone free on contract. batt life sucks a bit when playing music any 8h or so (how many people do it for 8h)

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I think it's one of the best ideas I've ever heard of to go along with a media-type phone. The last thing I want is my phone going dead because I forgot to pause something. To each his own I guess, but I'd keep two separate devices in my pocket for that reason alone.

9. LoneArchon

LoneArchon What's a Dremel?

That does not seem right as some of the large phone providers will not activate a phone on there network if it is not branded that company. Functionality could go ether way but with apple in charge it should be very user friendly.

10. flabber

flabber What's a Dremel?

I hope that IF they release one, they'll release it in Holland as well.
    Giv phone! :D

11. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

If their phones are as reliable as their players they can go and suck my...oh never mind ;)

12. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

That has got to be some of the worst English I have seen on these forums, and that includes Computerking :sigh: :worried:

13. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

I agree, but in amongst the awful grammar is a good point.

Are people who already have a mobile phone they like (which is quite a few) really going to pay £150+ for a replacement? Especially if they already own an iPod as well (which again is quite a few).

14. lord nicon21

lord nicon21 sexy *******

i try my best to be the worst :duh:

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

if it was 2 similar batteries then you could swap the dead one for the live one. :D

16. jjsyht

jjsyht Hello, my name is yuri

2 batteries; you dont know how many times i had to shut my phone off so i can make emercency calls after listinening to 2gb of music. though i have a D830 (maybe 30mins of batterylife; for those who dont know the phone). I wont even mind if they put the other entertainement feature of the phone on the second battery.

according to rumous, its gonna have video - for more than just camera and 3g.

i got a contract last week, if i didn't have the chance of upgrading in 6months, i would have got the iPhone immediately.

i really hope you dont work for any of the companies i admire for their creativity.

Tags: Add Tags