1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Competition Supreme Commander Beta Key Giveaway

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 19 Dec 2006.

1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I entered, should be fun to play when it comes out proper.

3. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I already have a fileplanet key. Just a shame I never have anyone to actually play it with. That an my system pretty much keels over playing it :(

4. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

Still the only game on the horizon that will tempt me to upgrade my Raddy 9700 & puny Athlon 2200+. I am waiting until the game comes out before I take the plunge and build a new system, as I need to know the specs required. There's no point entering at the moment if it will grind my pc into dust. :sigh:

5. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

i got it from fileplanet too and because of the enormous amounts of bugs with it i havent actually been able to play it yet. So ill just wait till it comes out :)

6. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

what are the req's for this game

this an UT2007 really have me excitied, but i dont even own a pc anymore. im looking at mac books and imac as we speak! (store for education *** + i cant be arsed lugging a huge computer etc with me to uni and back)

do you think a X1600XT with 256mb of ram will b able to have a crack at this? thats what the macbooks use and the 20inch imac i looked at

the 24incher can be speced with a 7600GT but the panel is 1920x1200. we need good GPU's in macs!

7. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

and why is For The Win filtered?

8. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

Because "for the win" means "you're a complete ********, you little ***, you're no better than a ******* **** on a ****, you **** !!!" in swahili. :worried:

I entered, should be fun to see if my new gear can handle it :)

9. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Chris Taylor, creator of the game, mentioned in a vid interview min specs are around 6800XT(or whatever it was) and a 2.2Ghz proc and bout a gig of ram.

10. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

My own question, You say when SupCom is set, does that mean events in the game that have passed or when you the player can effect the timeline?
    37th century= 3600 right?

11. Djpuk

Djpuk What's a Dremel?

Looks good, will help burn a few hours over Chrissy if I get a key

12. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

My friend runs it on a 7300 and it's definitely useable. The performance has improved a lot in the last few betas - hopefully the end product will be even quicker.

13. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

w00t! entered! really looking forward for this one and im not even an RTS fan (since Starcraft)!

what??? i didnt see that! my email body is:
    <answer here> ***!! :)

am i gonna b disqualified?? :waah:

edit: hey, its filtered in the forum... oh....ah... i see... nvm :duh:

14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah, 21st century now, and we're in the 2000s.

According to the timeline on the web site, the last entry is 3844ish, so it should really be 39th century?

Really looking forward to this game, tried to get a key off fileplanet but the "type this in to check you're not an evil computer who wants to take over the world" image wouldn't appear so I couldn't get one 8/

15. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Technically, if you want to be a pedant, 3600 is the last year of the 36th Century. The 37th Century will run from 1 January 3601 to 31 December 3700. This is because the first Century started in the year 1 - there was no year 0 AD - so it must have run from 1-100, 2nd Century 101-200 etc.

For the same reason, I celebrated the turn of the Millennium on the proper day, i.e. 1 January 2001, not 1 January 2000.

16. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Re: Mclean

Heh, I'd disagree. It depends on how you define Century. Do you definte it simply as "100yrs since the last century", or the "years from 00-99". I mean, just because the first century was cut short, doesn't mean we have to push everyone else back.

This is of course a ridiculous discussion either way though :)

Aggies

17. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

eh? key's arn't hard to get all my friends on wow have been playing this in the past few weeks. Why have a comp?

18. moshpit

moshpit What's a Dremel?

Been playing the latest beta with the skirmish AI hack enabled to allow skirmishing in single player mode. Damn! This game is insane and badass! To my understanding, the largest maps with the beta are 20km x 20km to scale, yet are only 1/4 the size of some of the maps that will ship with the final game. 20km x 20km is 400 sq. km. and is a MASSIVE area to fight across.

In addition to the HUGE areas to fight across, this game is highly multithreaded, even the beta is very dependant on a multicore CPU for fights that starting getting really large. I watched task manager show both cores churning thru a huge fight with 3 Balanced level AI's last night and there was NO doubt that even in the beta form it's in, this program is making damn good use of dual core from the moment things start getting really large scale. Early in the game you'll be hard pressed to tell a dual core from a nicely high clocked single core CPU, but as the game progresses the single core starts losing performance MUCH faster then the dual core machine does.

Also this game seems to like Intel silicon alot. My AMD dual core box runs it better then my single core rigs do, but then my C2D rig is noticeably faster then the X2 4400 rig is in this game when things get crowded on map. I know this may get me flamed for mentioning, but I have quite a few rigs here to test this game on and have done so. I've played it on everything from a Athlon 64 3200+ to a Athlon X2 4400+ to a Core 2 Duo E6600 and this game is DEFINATELY CPU dependant, big time. But that's not to say feeding it a burley GPU isn't going to help, it certainly does!

19. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I really really want to play, BUT I don't have the time! :waah:

Oh well, I guess I can't play if I don't have a Beta key and if I don't enter the raffle, I cannot win.

Sigh. Still... *drool*.

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

0 isn't a real number so it doesn't really count year 1-100 is still 100 years, 1 century, so 1-1000 years is 1000 years, a millennium.

I can well imagine that, I've got a 3800+ X2 so hopefully my PC can handle it ok, with a game like this with so many units and pretty awesome AI you'd deffinitely need alot of CPU power compared to an average FPS game.

Last edited: 19 Dec 2006
Tags: Add Tags