1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Wanted Games of 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 10 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I wouldn't say GTAIV is hotly anticipated, only a few of those games in that list non hardcore gamers would recognise, and GTAIV is one of those where people round here seem to not be getting excited by it. It probably won't offer anything new compared to the other games, just new storylines and slightly better graphics (maybe)

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

I dunno, GTA3 was a big step forwards over GTA2...

4. *Y@h00k@*

*Y@h00k@* What's a Dremel?

a bit dissapointed not to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in this list... :(

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

for me BioShock would have to be right up there with Halo 3 as my most anticipated games. Crysis would not even make an appearance and same goes for GTA. Obviously though like anything stuff like this is personal preference.

6. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

for me i'm still waiting for spore...

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Fantastic, Command and Conquer 3 :D That is going to be brilliant, as is Halo 3, and Crysis, there the games im waiting for, the New GTA is another but its not in my top 3.

Sam

8. DougEdey

But that was because of the whole 2D -> 3D transition. Do you think there's going to be such a significant change between 3 and IV?

3 -> Vice City's biggest change was the Motorbikes
    Vice City -> San Andreas was the bicycle and more life statistics (i.e. the health bars) and the Planes.

The only thing IV has going for it is probably new weapons, new vehicles and storylines. Can't see them doing anything "big"

9. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i liked this bit right at the end:

if i did that do they really think they would get a go on the game.... i think not...

i dont no what i really want out of the list... havent heard of some of them... tho i would like GTA, Crysis and supreme commander (even tho it wasent on the list)

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

In regards to Crysis:

Have you guys seen this in action? All the coverage and videos tend to look at the graphics and in them the enemies dont appear to be doing anything clever.

11. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Yeah most of the AI seems to running away with their pants down.... :D

12. xrob

xrob What's a Dremel?

my face tingles with joy when i see news and screen shots of crysis! i cant wait!! :D

13. DougEdey

The Last Boss has a Playtest

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

He moans about bugs but the game isn't released... Some interesting insight though.

15. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

for me, Bioshock, supreme commander, UT2k7 (if it goes a little back towards the original UT especially) EvE's DX10 client (not really a game but .. it promises to be a little revolution anyhow) maybe the new C&C (will have to be genuinely good, I worry since this is EA we are talking about) maybe warhammer online (I'd have preferred the last one though..) and I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.

16. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Being a big fan of GTA, I'm eagerly awaiting GTAIV - though I'm not too bothered about the additional content. A fighting game did this not too long ago - I can't remember which, but you could play as Link on the GameCube with different characters on the XBOX and PS2. It'll just encourage the die-hard gamers to purchase it for multiple consoles.

For me, GTAIV, C&C3 and Crysis are my top 3 of the list. I guess GTAIV will force me to purchase a next-gen console too.

17. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

condition zero wasn't "forgettable" the SP was dire but it was way better than 1.6 for clan games.

cant wait for crysis and left4dead

wheres ep2 and tf2 ?!

multiplayer wise tf2 is the only notable release i can think of.

18. poenanie

poenanie What's a Dremel?

No unreal tournament 2007 , no Stalker ?

At the lastboss playtest , lol at the way he's maoning about a texture bug while the game is in pre alpha stage ... and lag in combat ?! The game is still running on dx9 and aint even optimized yet ... Same for the graphics , still dx9 ... the motion blurring etc will be way better in dx10

maon *** ^^

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well don't forget that GTA IV will be the first GTA on the new generation of consoles, so if nothing else the graphics will improve significantly.

I myself have come to enjoy the gameplay of Saints Row more than the other versions of GTA, Saint's Row was a solid first attempt at that type of game, so I'm hoping they're gonna be bringing a sequel on a bit of a grander scale. I found GTA to be far too frustrating sometimes, a simple tap of your car could send it straight into a wall, resulting in death and usually me shouting obscenities at the screen, I found Saint's Row to be far more friendly.

20. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Have to admit, despite being a huge first person shooter fan Crysis would come before a few games on that list...

Tags: Add Tags