1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pirate Bay plans to buy its own country

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Brilliant idea! I could just see George W adding sealand to his axis of evil, although knowing him he would invade sea world instead.

3. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

what's to stop america and the EU from putting sanctions on them?
    surely a country will needs its own IP subnet, so countried will be able to block traffic to/from it.

also, there's always the declaration of war :D

4. simosaurus

simosaurus What's a Dremel?

lol, its quite a clever idea, but it wont work :p

5. tuteja1986

tuteja1986 What's a Dremel?

Oh boy :) ... International water has no law. Movie industry could hire some private mercenary to take em out for good.

6. _Kat_

_Kat_ What's a Dremel?

LOOL!! I really hope they buy it. Maybe I'll go over there and live there. Or at least visit it. Since the country is owned by The Pirate Bay people woudl want to go there on vacation just so they can come back home and say: "I've been to Sealand." And everybody would be like: "WOAH, NO WAY DUDE!!". They could build a small hotel or something and they could earn lots of cash from tourism or somethign like that. What ever happens this is going to be BIG news everywhere.

7. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

That's just the trouble with this idea. They would need to have an army of some kind to protect it but realistically all someone needs to do is wack a good sized bomb on it and it will vanish.
    Good idea, poorly thought out.

8. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

lol great idea, wont work tho to close to the uk

but if I was them I'd buy a decomissioned oil rig, tow it outside UK waters and setup there :)

9. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

hm, even if the bomb the poo poo out of Sealand once taken over by TPB, there would be an international uproar, because there would be people involved, i.e. dead humans.. But that said... id live there with a big gun...

10. cpu121

cpu121 What's a Dremel?

Someone on Neowin claims that Sealand has a gigabit satelite link to the UK. I want one of those!

11. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

This cheered me up this morning, absolutely hilarious!

12. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

madness... I like the diplomat idea though, but I assume our far nation would have to recognise the nation of Sealand (and probably won't)

13. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I don't know why they want to buy it... Just invade and eventualy you can claim ownership.

I wonder who would be king?

14. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Pretty much pointless. The only reason the UK havn't laid claim to it is because they havn't needed to. If Mr Bush puts pressure on Mr Blair over coffee there will be more Royal Navy surrounding it since they surrounded the Falkland Islands. And it would only take one trigger happy Sealander to open fire on them with a dinky shotgun and they would find on the recieving end of enough Depleted Uranium to keep them glowing for centuries.

Before military action though there would ba a simple threat of sanctions against any country supplying them with access to the internet, and seeing that the countries likely to supply them with access would be in Europe they simply would be wasting their money.

15. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

Stupid. Don't they know that we Americans police the whole world. If the hollywood lobbyists push a little money to the right people, the great nation of sealand would be overthrown and replaced with a new 'demomocraticalist' system before anyone could finish downloading a .tor file. Sorry, but America owns the internet, oil and the environment. Deal with it.

16. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is so funny!!!! *pant wese pant wese pant* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! CRAB THIS IS KILLING ME!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
    sorry.
    this is madness... i hope they buy it..... :D imagine guys dressed as pirates on that platform, and talking like: ARRRRR, shimber me timbers!!!!! were is mi .TOR!!!!!!

edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

edit2:

edit3: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: 12 Jan 2007
  17. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

time to donate money so they can buy sealand :D

18. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

So pirate bay needs to come up with about a billion dollars.... from where?

Nice idea but before I even read the first line I thought that America would invade it before anyone could download anything!

/Me vote we create a bit-tech army and invade sealand? ComputerKing will obviously be His Royal Highneess, King of Sealand!

19. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

And. LivE In A WOrld of This?!!...NO ThanKS..

Man.. OH PleaSE/ Should hAVe NExxo is King, morE info ThaN Computer King BrAIN(HEAD)

20. planki

planki ...

i love the idea, its brilliant. Reminds me of the BBC program where that guy whose name i fail to remember tried to create his own country and join the UN.

Surely they could just buy a massive old tanker or something, tow it out to international waters whack a huge diesel generator on it along with a satellite dish and a server room and be done with it instead??

Tags: Add Tags