1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Seemed like Ryan couldn't play the multiplayer because his opponents were too experienced, most people I've spoken to love the multiplayer and barely play single.

3. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

I played about three hours of multiplayer but like I said, became disillusioned by the fact that every time I was killed I was respawned miles away. Nowhere near as much fun as other multiplayer games on the 360.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I've played the multiplayer demo and found it to be a good laugh. The demo was a bit limiting so I am looking forward to playing the full game.

5. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Pretty much sums up how I felt about the demos I played that were on XBL.
    The multiplayer was dull and un-interesting and the single player was too simple really.
    I think Ryan's review was spot on except the score possibly should have been 1 point lower.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this combined with this image: http://www.bit-tech.net/content_images/Lost_Planet_Extreme_Condition/03.jpg

kind of reminds me of an anime character called desert punk.....

the game looks like brainless fun :D

edit. MOTHER ""#$%& MECHS!!!! :clap: :clap:

7. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i brought the game on friday and have been playing it over the weekend.... im only on lvl4 :( i like the game.... a bit repetative every now and then... but they do twist it a bit with adding a few big akids in some battles.... love the mechs... great fun...

the other thing i really like is that you can walk around with mech weapons... so you can poodle around with a gattling gun in your hand.. although it does help.. does defeat the object of the game abit...

one thing i dont like is that ive found it easy to kill the akids once you no where to shoot them.... you also get a "boss" akid at the end of each level the only one i found really hard was the "green eye"

the other thing that defeats the object of the game is the t-eng/health... unless you get hit either buy a big gun or bug you stay alive if you keep the energy levels up enough...

good game otherwise.... i got a free 48hours on live which i might try out...! :D

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Been playing the online multiplayer demo since christmas as it came on the 360 magazine. I love it but seem to die alot on it. Its a game I want to buy once I get some spare cash.

Its good fun.,

9. Chuff_72

Chuff_72 What's a Dremel?

Ok, there was a really negative/flippant comment here before, but all I want to say is this - Lost Planet IS designed to be first a multiplayer experience, and the single player is in essence "training" for this. There is a video interview on Gamespot with one of the guys from Capcom confirming this (no link I'm at work :)). So spending only three hours to reach a conclusion on the main core of the game experience, with took two years to design and build is, in my view, insulting to all involved with the project and just really sh** journalism.

Last edited: 15 Jan 2007
  10. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Seems overly blur fantastic.

11. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

Frankly - if three hours is enough for a guy who reviews computer games for a job - then I'd trust his opinion. I can normally tell if a game is any good after 30 minutes - so forcing himself through 3 hours is enough for me to know not to buy.

There's no need to get arsey with him - it's his opinion; he is entitled to it, and if you disagree with him then fine - but stop putting words into his mouth.

CC

12. Chuff_72

I don't feel it's an informed opinion, and I am "allowed" to bring that up, if you want to take his word for it then fine, personally I would download the demo/get the official mag (free demo) and judge for myself. Personally I spent about 4 hours on the demo and a further 10 hours on the retail version before I formed my opinion of this game. For what it's worth I think it probably deserves a low 7, it's fun, but the lobby system is about as confusing as it gets and some of the maps are a little large, and the single player is forgettable.

13. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Everyone is entiled to constructive criticism here casey_cole.

14. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Also dont forget bit is a technology website and not a games review site. Want games reviews then go to 1up.com or something.

Great review by the way Garside

15. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I think it is a fun game, I loved playing the multiplayer demo. I might be getting this game soon anyways because the grappling hook is just uber fun. :D

16. zoot2boot

zoot2boot What's a Dremel?

Funny, i thought it was a particularly well written and considered piece. Distinctly better written than the average barely literate guff you get on most sites. Just because your opinion differs doesn't make it bad journalism.

17. Chuff_72

Last edited: 19 Mar 2009
Tags: Add Tags