1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CES 2007 Wrap Up: The Booth Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

How were the booth babes this year?

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

No booth babes at CES, I saw a write up from the *adult* orientated Microsoft X360 event, and it was poor!

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've yet to look for the adult entertainment expo roundups, but that's where they all were.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

If Wil and Brett didn't go to the AVN show, I'm going to be disappointed.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

They needed specific AVN passes. I don't think they could pass the entry test either :p

7. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

I attend the NAB film and TV expo there in April most years - familiar locations. I notice that the crappy catering concessions still cost more than the plane fare. Best food in reasonable walking distance of the LVCC is probably either of two hotels just across the parking lot - about the same price as the concessions, but vastly better food, or hop on the monorail for much better options at any of the places on the strip. I have a soft spot for the fake jungle place in the basement of the MGM Grand, or the Wolfgang Puck at the Venetian.

Vegas is, for all its undoubted plasticky fakeness, a blast for a few days a year - everyone should see it before they die, if only to discover what excess truly looks like.

Got itchy feet now.

Phil

8. Djpuk

Djpuk What's a Dremel?

Great way to review the show with the picture walkthrough, good work.

If you need a skivvy to carry bags, get food and drink, generally be abused as the show bitch then let me know and I will gladly tag along next year!

9. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

"How do you make your computer go faster? A) Tape a rocket on it, B) Purchase a computer with the new AMD Quad-Power setup and dual ATI Graphics Cards, or C) Throw it out the window?"

C)!!!!!!!! no no A)!!!!!!! no no C) and A) I WIN!!!!!! :D

11. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

CES is tring to cut down on the number of booth babes, but i did like the Microsoft buterfly booth babes of 3 or 4 years ago, mmmm. The best way to servive CES is to buy a monorail pass and stay at a monorail station hotel, like the MGM, then grab a free backpack and stuff it with some food and water under some promo fliers, that way you dont have to pay the extorionist rates, that pay for our roads, and schools.

you didnt see any PCI express sound cards at the creative booth did you?

Glad you guys had fun. this year it took 100,000 man hours to set up the showfloor.

12. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

hmm 100 inch widescreens. :eyebrow: betcha it weighs a tonne... and for the price of it id rather buy a projector... a normal widescreen projector to game on is better than HDCP, and that way i can even use my pc to watch videos..
    :D

You should have taken at least one picture of a booth babe guys... I feel something is missing... Or isnt Wil done using them for private matters yet? :naughty:

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Tags: Add Tags