1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Company Of Heroes to get DX10 treatment in March

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 19 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

Nice. It's already a really good looking game, this upgrade will take it to incredible.

Unfortunately, I'm going to need a pretty serious upgrade to play it with all the shiny new graphics. Something tells me my X800 won't pull DX10 and HDR and whatever other new features they're putting in.

...still waiting for R600 and K8L before I buy, though. :sigh:

3. Djpuk

Djpuk What's a Dremel?

Bring it on, cannot wait, should be about the same time I build my new rig so well happy about this one!

4. BFGunrunner

BFGunrunner What's a Dremel?

Great! we'll finally see what the geforce 8800 is finally made out of.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Woot sounds awesome, I'm also really enjoying the game right now, when I first got it, I loved the campaign, but the online was laggy as hell for me. Recently I've been playing over Hamachi and LAN with a few mates and I've really got back into the game.

It doesn't particularly need any DX10 treatment, woo fuzzy grass, sounds errr...awesome? But improved graphics for free is rarely a bad thing.

6. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

So we'll prolly need Vista to get this upgrade then right? Would make sense for MS to use an official games for windows game to help push Vista I suppose. This could be the game that I actually buy Vista to play with better graphics.

7. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

Awesome.
    IMO, they should just pack this up. and add more official maps for download (hell, they can charge for them like comp. do on Xbox-Live- we just need more 1 on 1 maps!)

This game is great. Cant wat for an Ex-Pack or Seq.

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

The game has obviously been designed with an expansion pack or two in mind, and I personally wouldn't mind a couple.

To use the new DX10 feature with CoH, yes you would need Vista since DX10 is Vista only, if you don't have Vista (or a DX10 card for that matter) you'll just have to make do with the current graphics.

9. DLoney

DLoney What's a Dremel?

Agree. What would you like to see in an Ex Pack? Play a Britian Campain? Russian?

10. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Oh boy. This game already looks so gorgeous, I can't imagine what DX10 will do to it! Bring it on! :rock:

11. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

the Video quality of the game at this time is Very good now most players of COH would agree, DX10 will take it to the next level

12. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I dont see the use of making it dx10. I allready played the game months ago. However, if they make a folowup with dx10, then THAT would be interesting.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah a couple of extra countries would be nice, maybe one for each side, like Britain for the allies and Italy for the Axis. Would also be interesting to see other major players in there too like Russia.

Well it would spark up a bit more interest in the game. I'm also betting they went straight into developing an expansion pack when the game was released, since game producers don't just sit around for a few months after they've finished a game. They could be working on a completely new project, but as I said before, if you look at some of the menu's, it's obvious they had a couple of expansion packs in mind. Most likely they are developing the expansion pack and starting design work on a new game, since an expansion pack rarely uses the entire team to make.

If I were them, I'd personally put the DX10 support in the first expansion pack to create a bit more buzz about it, after all, DX10 support is quite a major patch, you usually don't get these things for free unless your playing a MMO with a subscription (where the subscription pays for the constant improvements and new content, so even then it's not free).

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

Crytek did it with Far Cry (and SM3.0). It sparked enough interest for me to play the game through again with HDR enabled.

Tags: Add Tags