1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AOpen XC Cube EU965

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 14 Feb 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Looks like they're parallel to the front of the case in the motherboard picture...?

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

Fixed - Rich meant perpendicular to the case sides and I didn't pick up on it. Thanks. :blush:

4. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

shame there is a lack of good SFF, I adore my SN45g even though it's getting on abit now. Makes a very good server and the PSU in it is pretty increadable for something rated at only 200w.

I think shuttle should come out with a mini server with the SN45g chassises and a more modern C2d mobo and hard disks mounted horizontaly accross the front, that way it could easily hold 5 or 6 disks in a very small area (mounting a zalman ulta thin fan undernath them for optimum cooling) can you imagiain a shuttle with 6TB of hard disk space... drool. They should also make part of the hard drivce cage removable so that a graphics card can be installed and add a flap on the left hand cover so duel slot cards can be installed (and make it look like your shuttle has a super charger)....

dammm If only I had a grand I would do it myself to one of the more modern shuttles (if they still make the smaller ones with a PCI-E slot.)

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tbh, if they made a server with G2 or G5 chassis that would be faaar nicer looking.

Shuttle should really make stuff to order: Choose what chassis you want, choose what board you want in it and then they make it.

6. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

It seems odd to abandon PCI yet include a parallel port. It's not a bad attempt but, as stated in the article, needs a little revision. (Why so many useless internal USB ports? - in a SSF case 2 should suffice.)

Tags: Add Tags