1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google accused of helping pirates

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 15 Feb 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Googles having a rough time now.

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

When you are as high profile as Google, and have fingers in as many pies as Google does, it's inevitable that they become a target.

4. ola_k

ola_k What's a Dremel?

Google is also helping "typo-squatters"

I have now closed my adword account. I found several domains with fake names parked on a domain www.ndparking.com. The "ads by google" mark was not shown, and I asked google if they were google ads. The answer was that they should investigate this. I will not give an example here, that will only help the pirates. This is several days ago now, so I guess google is happy with the situation. The google adword code is visible in the source code so it is no doubt that they are google ads.

Be aware, your money may end up in the pockets of pirates. May be this is why google will not tell you were your ads are shown?

Ola K from Norway.

Last edited: 15 Feb 2007
  5. randosome

randosome Banned

meh - they will just get funding somewhere else, it always happens

Also, Google cant really police every site, and i think it would cost them so much money to audit every site that signs up for Google ads it wouldn't be worth it

Just because Google ads are on a site, doesn't mean they support them

Tags: Add Tags