1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13 past the hour / sept 11th

Discussion in 'General' started by sambo, 11 Sep 2003.

1. sambo

sambo What's a Dremel?

This thread is in rememberance of SEPTEMBER THE 11th .

A Tragic day which changed the lives of thousands and really opened the worlds eyes to terrorism.

Id just like to take a moment to think about the familys and freinds of those that died

September the 11th

:(

RIP

2. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Probably something most us will never forget, we can only hope it is never repeated.

RIP

3. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

4. sambo

sambo What's a Dremel?

5. sambo

sambo What's a Dremel?

6. :Galokin:

:Galokin: Guest

my thoughts go out to all those that suffered.

RIP

7. Dark_Blender

Dark_Blender What's a Dremel?

It was most sad. I remember it last year it was first day of classes. Went to college not knowing whats up. It wasnt until last week I had actually seen it in "Bowling for Columbine." Still makes my stomach turn...

8. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Was one scarry friggin day for me man. I'm not really that far away from NYC ('bout 5 hrs).

I remember exactly what I was doing when it happened. I was out of work, sitting at my desk on the computer with The Today Show on TV only 1/2 paying attentiion to it. When the 1st plane crashed into the tower, they broke it on-air within 1 minute of it happening, I thought it was a tragedy and switched over to MSNBC since NBC's main office is in NYC. They were talking about it, showing street reactions and such when WHAM, the 2nd plane hit - live, on camera, no tape delay. About then, I was getting a wee bit concerned about what was going on. A short time later, one crashed into the Pentagon and then in PA. That was about when I soiled my pants (figuratively that is ;))

When the FAA ordered all planes in US airspace to land and any on their way here to be deverted, that was around the same time that the towers came down. I got dressed and went to my kids school and pulled them out. I figured that if something more serious was going to happen, I wanted to be ready to grab my keys, my kids and whatever I could carry and get out. Getting anyone on the telephone was next to impossable, all the lines on my regular phone and cell phone were jammed. Never in my life have I called my parents (90 miles away), my x-wife (not too far from me) and my brother (150 miles away) to make plans on where to meet up in case a larger problem took place (we picked a small town in the Adarondak mountains we used to go to when I was young as we figured the Canadian border would be either closed or unpassable). Never do I want to have to do that again and I pray that none of you here will ever go through what I, and millions of people went through that day.

Ever since that day, I have flown an American flag at my house. Any time I'm at a parade and a soldier, firemen or police come by, I stand up and clap. Every time that I hear people in other countries slam the US, I think of 9/11, how scared I was and how proud I feel to be an American. We're not perfect, our government and foreign policies may need an overhaul, but all in all, there's no place in the world I'd rather live.

Sorry if that didn't make too much sense, I was pretty much typing my thoughts.

9. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

I remember going into a appliances store to get some stuff for my computer. The whole store was apparently empty, all the workers and customers stood in the TV department watching in shock.

10. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

Dude.. first off :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: :waah: to that video.

My brother called me and told me about the first plane. When I woke up and got dressed I saw the second one hit. And it was like :jawdrop: I was in disbelief total disbelief. I was on my way to school when the building fell down.. All those people dude. Because some idiot read his (muslim bible name here) wrong and thought it was a one way ticket to Ali and Heaven. I have nothing wrong with muslims and their religon mind you just those extremeists like Osama. I think that it was total crap what happened and when i think of patriotism I think of flight 93 and how americans truely are. They are some of the true patriots they didn't have much but they saved the lifes of possible many others with their selfless act With Bravery and Brass Balls they took over the plane. They may have crashed but they all voted that as spock would say "the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few." When I think of this day I stand in sadness and Mourning but also Patriotism and Pride. Im glad to be an american.

11. monolith

monolith True Friend

It will not be forgotten, at least not by me.

12. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

I can't believe it's been two years. It still feels like yesterday. I still can't believe that anything like that could have happened. When I got home from school the towers had already collapsed and I was just thinking - this is just like a hollywood movie, it can't actually be happening. I was suprised that the towers collapsed too, just because of the fire caused by the explosions. But later of course we learnt how the building wasn't insulated properly and nothing had been done about it after inspections - a shame really. :(

13. sambo

sambo What's a Dremel?

3 freinds of mine were booked on one of the flights.

think it was the one that went into the trade tower second.

the wife wasnt feeling well so they cancelled :eeek:

i meen OMG

:(

14. Hippo

Hippo Pre-dates 5.25" Floppies

I was at home that day having broadband installed, I watched the whole thing happen on TV.

My heartfelt feelings go out to the american/british people who lost loved ones in the attack.

I cant help thinking that the american govenment is to blame, with the american people suffering.

RIP

15. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

The terrorists are to blame for the tradegy. The american government may have been the catalyst, but they did not fly the planes in to the towers.

We'll Never Forget.

16. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

no building would have survived, its only because of their load bearing exterior that they stood as long as they did.

17. fivecheebs

fivecheebs Dont panic!

Im flying the flag in my avatar today as a mark of respect.

My dad lives in boston and works in NYC alot. He was staying in a hotel 1 block away from the trade center (in the middle of the exclusion zone) but thankfully had a breakfast meeting the other side of manhatten that morning. I didnt know if he was on a plane from boston to NYC, in the trade center having a meeting (some of his clients were there, he lost some close friends), or at home in Boston in relative safety. Because of the phone lines being jammed full of people i could not find out if he was ok or not, or even where he was. I eventually found out he was ok the next day but the emotions that i felt that day will never be forgotten.

A month or so ago i went to the states to see my dad and his family and we had the opertunity to visit New York City again. It was the first time i had been there since. The atmousphere has not really changed form the way i remember it until you get to ground zero. I just had to go there to pay my respects. Even 2 years on its evident that many people still feel very strongly about what happened. For those that have never been to NYC its an increadibly busy and very noisy place 24 hours a day. We walked form battery park up to ground zero and as soon as we got there its like someone shoved cotten woll in your ears. Its quite quiet (incredibly quiet in comparrison) and a very moving place. There are fences around the site and people have written some very moving messages on the thicker parts of the fence structure. There is also still part of one of the towers not removed that has some steel girders a bit mangled and bent but left in the shape of a crusifix. I will not forget the emotions i felt when looking at the wreckage either.

My thoughts are often with the people who lost their lives or lost people whom they loved. Today more than most there is sadness in my heart.

(again, like dad, excuse me if this does not make sence, I was letting my thoughts pour onto the keyboard)

18. olv

olv he's so bright

The american government is an awful thing, they have done terrible things in the past and will continue to do more terrible things in the future. But this is neither the time nor place to be debating their role in the disaster.

My condolences to all that were affected.

19. monolith

monolith True Friend

Then don't bring it up. You could say that about any country on earth. Leave it be.

20. craigey1

craigey1 Minimodder

Yeah, sorry guys. I didn't want to start a debate, but though I should just point out that I didn't agree with Hippo's view. And that my thought's go out to anyone who lost someone in the devastating attack.