1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&C3: Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 7 Mar 2007.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Well, that wasn't entirely true. It didn't have Red Alert 95's doubled res until it was rereleased, but it worked fine in Win95 if you set some memory settings correctly - it even told you how to do it in the manual! :D

The backstory started in Italy - "Tiberium was named after the Tiber river in Italy where it was first discovered" that's what EVA says in one of the videos. The GDI campaign started in Estonia, and the Nod campaign somewhere in Northern Africa, though. :)

Sorry... I'm such a C&C geek it isn't even funny. :hehe:

Last edited: 7 Mar 2007
  3. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Glad someone else corrected that obvious lack of C&C knowledge, it got me thinking too.

Was it estonia, or was it slovakia ?

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Pff new gameplay, I love C&C how it is :p

5. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

I've owned every C&C game they've produced. I was ridiculusly upset when I upgraded to XP that I couldn't play the original games, I almost cried... Lol. I was DAMN glad when they came out with The First Decade though. Went out and bought it the first day they had it out :p

Come to think of it... I'm pretty sure I've got 4 or 5 copies of the same C&C game after losing the original install disk (don't ask... Lol).

Oh, and on the comment of C&C3... Looking forward to it, though I'm somewhat hooked on Supreme Commander at the moment :)

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I never played the original C&C or Tiberium (Sp?) Sun, I was a red alert and generals addict. I'll get it though, shame the scrim seem to be insectoid though, always with the alien insects, bah!

7. Infenro

Infenro What's a Dremel?

Seems like an article to build up antisipation about the game but im not feeling it yet, there were some aspects of the demo that bought back that feeling the original gave me, but in terms of the game being a succes there were so many things missing or changed in the demo that i hope will be rectified in the main game, At the moment im scared this is just another hashed EA game.

like generals.

and nfs series

oh and not forgetting bf2 and its subsiquent sequals

8. tangopop

tangopop What's a Dremel?

I agree completly

If you are playing SupCom then DONT play C&C3 until the final version comes out. Me and a fair few of my mates have tried and found the game very dissapointing compaired to SupCom

Heres hoping for the Multiplayer on the final C&C3 to be amazing because at the moment the game looks a bit disapointing :wallbash:

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I also have every c&c game released. My bro bought the original C&C and red alert with all the expansion packs in those huge game boxes in those days. My first one I bought was Tiberian sun and then I bought every one from then on and then bought the War collection to complete my collection which had all the riginal C&C and red alert and expensions packs which my bro had.

I love the originla C&C, tiberian sun and Generals. I really dont like Red Alert 1/2 for some reason.

Renegade was good fun too although I could not play online. Mine was an original bought from WH smiths but everytime I load the game up it asks for me to put the CD in. click ok or cancel just fired up the game but when it came to multiplay the insert cd screen would not go away. :(

Im looking forward to this C&C3 and it looks great like all the others :) Im def gonna buy for PC but I am also considering on buying it on 360 to play on live. I have never considered buying a C&C game on a console before but it does look great on XBOX 360.

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Red Alert was intented to be an Expansion to Command and Conquer, however as it did so well with sales, Westwood decided to launch it as a stand alone game, and so the Red Alert Universe was born :D

So the next C&C could be a follow up to the Red Alert Universe in the form of Red Alert 3 which was unofficially announced back in 2004, or Renegade 2 which was a rumour i heard.

Why not?
    SupCom is alright, but i read someone felt lost because they couldnt zoom in enough on C&C 3 unlike supcom. I prefer C&C 3 to supcom, supcom needs a monster of a PC to play, unlike C&C 3, which is what C&C is about, its all jolly well setting a unit cap on a Skirmish to 750 units to each team, but a PC just would not cope with that amount. To me, the demo as with all demo's is there to show off some cool things, the water texture in game is better than supcoms, its even better than the water in BFME2 (Same game engine) The heat textures are better than supcoms, but at the end of the day, supcom has been released and people are able to say whats good and wrong with it, this is a demo, its getting people hyped for the game, and as we all know, the full game will be much much better then the demo predicts.

Sam

Last edited: 7 Mar 2007
  11. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

The small amount of zoom in C&C3 threw me off a bit :p

However, if it's one thing I found was missing... was EVA. I've played Tiberium sun and Firestorm, and after playing C&C3, I re-installed them just to see, and I noticed the demo didn't have EVA. I know NOD stole her, if I remember correctly, but I'm pretty sure GDI engineered something new.

Also, I hope they put Ion sorms and all that good random stuff in there. Striking the flancs of an enemy base during an Ion storm is rather fun (provided he doesnt attack you too).
    Same as those funny little tiberium animal globules things that would attack your stuff.

12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

No, please dont have iron storms, the wrost things ever. Yes, i noticed EVA (Electronic Video Agent) was not in the demo, i was unaware that EVA was stolen as ive not completed C&C TS Firestorm. Though, EVA is in Generals so EVA has now confused me :sigh:

Sam

13. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

i cant remember EVA being in generals.

14. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

I bought SupCom played it once. (tutorial) Did not understand any of it, what to do etc. Not played it anymore because i dont understand the damn thing. To much to do with robodudes buildings stuff that i dont know what the heck it does.

Yesterday played C&C demo. Loved it. Understand it.

15. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

First up, just a few grammatical errors.

On page 3:-
    "C&C was alegendary"
    and
    "With the revamped UI be that injection?"

I've played through the demo and I have to say I wasn't 'feeling' it.
    Its hard to put my finger on but I just didn't feel like I was in control of the units etc.
    Could just be my newness to the game and controls etc though so I'm willing to give it a little time.

I have SupCom to keep me going until this is released and reviewed though I've not tried SupCom yet... :)

16. Panos

Panos Minimodder

Being C&C/RA fanatic since the dark ages of my 386/486 (12 years ago wow!!) I must say that the C&C3 follows the steps of is parents.

Supcom I believe is too much a game, like starcraft.

C&C3 is sensational, and the videos send you back to the good years of gaming (90's).
    How many of us didn't felt the force who make you play the same mission, dozens of times just to make the best high score. :D
    And every time using different tactics.

KANE is the MESSIAH.

It's real C&C successor 100%.

EDIT
    Amen. I was lucky not to buy the SupCom. I played the demo mission and after 30 mins I gave up. It doesn't give you the feeling C&C gives you.

17. thEcat

thEcat What's a Dremel?

Yay the globules, I spent hours playing with them. I'd like to see the spiky hogs back too :)

Played the demo at the weekend - the intro level was so so, the skirmish was to fast to be enjoyable, but the first campaign level was good fun. With this in mind I have to agree with the wait for the full game conclusion.

Based on the demos my personal preference is CoH for skirmish, CNC3 for plot & game play. I'm afraid the SupCom demo did absolutely nothing for me - skirmish was dull and the continual 'do this, now do that, come here, go there' of game level just made me mad.

18. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Having played the demo I was very dissapointed, it's not that good. Its just new units and an old formula. The graphics are pretty poor if you ask me, some of the control system is plainly stupid. (EG why mouse1 and 2 are reversed for some actions)

I hope the full game sorts some of these issues out, but I highly doubt it.

19. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

:eyebrow: I disagree with that, SupCom has nothing on Starcraft. Starcraft is a classic like C&C, though maybe not as great, there is absolutely no way you can compare SupCom to Starcraft.

All this talk about C&C3 makes me want to break out Tiberium Dawn :p

20. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Sorry but Supreme Commander sucks..i dont understand why it has such a huge rating. The build times can get ridiculous, even with multiple engineer units making one thing and i really do think its a bland, boring game. Sure its war on a huge scale but it still pretty much sucks. It doesnt really offer anything of interest....its just bland and boring.

I played the CnC3 demo and its on such a thin wire on whether it will be good or bad. At the moment its leaning towards nothing more than average from what i can see...i guess the retail will reveal all.....i hope it is good....it would be nice to have a decent RTS game that rivals Warcraft 3 The frozen Throne...which by the way, if you havnt played, is probably one of the best RTS games ever.

Tags: Add Tags