1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Talent Announces 4 GigaByte DDR2-800 Gaming Kit

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Tim S, 28 Mar 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

San Jose , California – March 26, 2007 -- Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of DRAM memory modules and flash products, today announced a new 4 GigaByte 800MHz DDR2 memory kit that is ideal for gamers and enthusiasts.

The new T800UX4GC5 is a matched pair of 2 GigaByte 800MHz DDR2 non-ECC unbuffered 240-pin DIMMs. This kit has been tested and is guaranteed to operate at 800MHz in a dual channel motherboard at 5-5-5-15 latencies at 2.1 Volts. Each module is constructed using sixteen 128Mbit x 8 FBGA chips organized into a dual-rank 256M x 64 module, and clad in Super Talent’s blue cast aluminum HE heatspreader.

“A fast new breed of affordable gigabit DDR2 IC’s is now making new modules feasible that three months ago were impractical”, stated Joe James, Marketing Director at Super Talent Technology. “This kit is ideal for memory hungry applications running in Windows™ XP x64 and Windows Vista™ Ultimate operating systems, allowing customers a path to 8 GigaBytes of system memory by using two kits”, Mr. James added.

These modules are manufactured and tested in Super Talent’s state-of-the-art Silicon Valley factory. Every Super Talent module built is hand tested in a motherboard under load to ensure the highest level of reliability. The T800UX4GC5 kit will be available this week at an estimated street price of $438.

2. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

They're not "Gaming" modules per se (is there really such a thing as "Gaming" RAM?)... but G.Skill also have a 4GB DDR2-800 kit available.

And I should know, 'coz I took delivery of mine just this morning :D :rock:

3. naokaji

naokaji whatever

now the prices just need to drop a bit deeper and i'll say goodbye 2GB Ram and welcome 4GB :rock: