1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox 360 elite finally announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 29 Mar 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Just so you have some more details Bindy :)p):
    UK Release

Australia

HDD Transfer

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I can't help but feel that they're missing a trick by not integrating the HD-DVD drive.

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I think what the PS3 and 360 are missing are DVD recorders and built in freeview. If its the mulitmedia hub of your home then it should have that function.

But to me the 120gb hard drive is no good if we cant put our own content on it and able to copy are own music from our pc's/mp3 players or portable hard drives. Or even copy our own pictures to it.

It being locked out and the only content to go on it is what you download then theres no point.

All I have on my hard drive is the HD south Park episode and 3 game demos. I have a portable hard drive plugged up with all my music and music videos and digital photos.

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Ummm...MCE extender? Grabs all your videos, photos and music over a network from your pc through the 360. And the 360's designed so you can plug practically any mp3 player into it via USB and copy music over, even with an iPod. I don't see where you're coming from really. :eyebrow: Likewise, if you're really bothered about using the 360 for TV (for whatever reason I'm not sure), you can stream from any TV-card equipped PC and do all the pausing/recording/library features you can already do at a computer.

<A88>

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

MCE Extender doesn't work with all file formats.

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

With the help of TVersity it does.

8. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

This xb 'elite' really should've included everything that PS3 boasts better stats on. Come on MS you've released a premium xbox with standard equipment. Had it included HDDVD then I'd've been tempted. As it stands a HDDVD player is more tempting.

9. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

wow looks intresting! and i do like the black myself!
    what im intrested in is the price drops of the core package? if there is any?

10. zero0ne

zero0ne Minimodder

the bottom link to the forums doesn't work right now.

11. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Since it's retailing for more than the premium here I don't think they're dropping prices at all. Personally at 479$ I would rather get the 500$ ps3, but then again I already have a premium 360 so it doesn't look as appealing anymore. I would be mroe inclined to purchase this if it had the smaller process processors in it, but w/o it seems like I would be tempted to buy another 360 once they were finally released anyway.

12. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Ok, for starters I dont have Windows Media Centre and second. I dont want to have to go to my bedroom and switch my pc on so I can watch a music video on my tv in the living room via my xbox 360. Third, yes the 360 is designed to let you connect mp3 players and ipods, psp and portable hard disks to play content from them. But you can not copy content from them to the xbox 360 hard disk which is what i mentioned.

I suggested it would be good if the 360 had a dvd recorder and freeview tunner to eliminate those 2 extra boxes under the TV. I know you can stream TV on a TV card in a PC. Thats what I use in the bedroom to eliminate a TV in there so I dont have 2 screens in the bedroom (1 TV and 1 Monitor)

Yes I know you can do all this stuff on a computer but I dont want my computer in the living room. You might still live with you mum and have everything in your bedroom, but i have a house and the tv is the living room and the computer is in the bedrrom.

It would be nice to be able to copy my content to the 360 drive, then I would be interested in a larger drive.

13. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

I really don't see the advantage of having a freeview tuner included. For a start, it would be UK only as all regions have different means of distributing digital terrestial. Secondly, it would push the cost of the 360 up for no reason but to save a bit of space under the TV. All-in-one devices are conveniant but they take on too big a task- everyone needs different components to match their needs and for most, an Xbox tv tuner would be redundant- after all, this is a games console first, media device second. Microsoft will be introducing some sort of IPTV service in the future but tuners are not their thing and just give another piece of hardware to go wrong.

At the end of the day, Microsoft are better off saving the development costs of the 360 and making the whole thing wireless to allow you to feed off a more suitable media 'server' such as the PC. I'd much rather be able to switch on the 360 and get all my media automatically from one place than having to keep copying it over to my games console and PC every time.

<A88>

14. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

Microsoft have said they haven't included the HDDVD and wifi because they don't want to force people into paying more for these extras...

Umm, Microsoft you wouldn't be anyone who doesn't want built in HDDVD or wifi would've gone for the white pro version. and anyway arn't you forcing people to pay extra for the 120Gb Hdd?
    Also for those who do want HDDVD they have to pay for two optical drives instead of one (aswell as the supporting casing, electronics and packaging)

Tags: Add Tags