1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Xbox Live Arcade Roundup

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Robotrix

Robotrix What's a Dremel?

Great article. My personal favourite Live Arcade game is Lumines Live - a bit too pricey side though :sigh:.

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I downloaded the trial of Alien Hominid HD and did not like it much. It seemed to be Metal slug but different graphics. But i Love Metal Slug and not this :/

Geomatry wars. I have Live Arcade Unplugged that came with PGR3. So it runs off CD. The problem is it wont save achievements??? I get the 100K achievement and then says it cant save as no memory device selected or something? I have a Hard Drive so I dont get it. There are no options in the option menu to select hard drive to save to. So I have given up on playing as my scores dont save and achievements dont save.

Worms and Doom im considering getting but need something else worth buying to justify the money.

4. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Just reading through this article now, but I felt outraged enough by half way down the first page to post this:

Microsoft are actually charging people in the UK a quid extra for exactly the same thing? In a system that has absolutey no dependency on region? I can't understand why people aren't up in arms about this. 500 points should cost £3.20 - that extra pound is simple price gouging. Why the hell does our government(or trading bodies, or whoever) stick up for us on this sort of matter?

5. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Most importantly i.e. worth getting a 360 over, does worms have napalm? I was very disappointed when I got world party and the petrol barrels just exploded, no deathly napalm to bounce them over that cliff or into that mine.

6. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

why not mention some of the original titles to come out? This article is just a whitewash of the retro and the retreads really (apart from geometry wars).. everybody mentions these ones.
    Cloning Clyde is original and well worth the money, UNO doesn't deserve to be so much fun but it is (not stictly original I suppose). Small Arms? Assault Heroes? NovaDrome?
    Or an actually brilliant live title and great update - JetPack Refulled?

sorry but this article was a retread of every other lazy XBLA article. You can do better Wil

7. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

No naplam, and the barrels just explode, There's no Holy hand grenade and it costs 800 points despite what it says in the article.

To be honest it was a bit of a dissapointment especially as the online play is troublesum to say the least, but it's a bit of fun for a couple of hours like most of the stuff on XBLA here's hoping for some add on's later with more wepons etc.

and UNO is the best game on arcade, and doesn't even get a mention....

8. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

There's also Castlevania, Jetpac, Dig Dug, Lumines and Marble Blast.

I agree about turtles though. played the demo and I'm sure the arcades graphics were better than that

9. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Best game on Xbox live arcade is Heavy weapon bar none, its an amazing game so simple and yet challenging and fun to play.

Would really love to metal slug though again another side scrolling shooter.

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Oh yeah i forgot about that one. That one i really am considering in buying. My wife loves playing that demo.

I heard Metal Slug is coming to live. Either from 1up or IGN i read that. Better do because I want that.

11. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

lummins is nice but $, marble blast is a pain in the ass, its so addictive,AH HD is my personal fav on live. but also got to love clasic smash tv.

good article.

12. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

yes, its microsoft surely.

And its not just this, Vista is the same price in pounds as it is in dollars. For a 50p DVD that actually contains the dual language support out of the box.

Ridiculous. I can understand if it is a product that is physically in the USA, and costs to ship - or maybe export tax or whatever, but essentially double the price is ridiculous.

13. K

K 528491

Correction: Worms is 800 points, which isn't '4 quid'. Which kinda sucks. Cause it's more worth 4 quid than 8. Booo.

14. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

Im very disappointed with Doom,...where is the HD love. No wide screen, and have you tried playing split screen with 2 people? its just like with four only 2 black squares that could be used for game play. Uno is another disappointment, it exists only for trash talk and "show us your tits" so unless you play with friends this game sucks

15. nry

nry Minimodder

Cool, might have to try and get worms! classic game

16. Vergil_117

Vergil_117 What's a Dremel?

Can someone tell me if doom has live coop?

Tags: Add Tags