1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Corsair Dominator 9136C5D & 10000C5DF Memory

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 3 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

At £300+ the benefits of a second gfx card will always outweight the benefits of faster ram. Surely any reasonable PC6400 ram can max out a core 2 duo, no need for extra bandwidth.

3. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Yeah, but if you're already sitting with a QX6700/X6800 under phase change and a pair of 8800GTX cards, there's not much else to max out other than the RAM. I guess this has a very niche market (just as well given the (lack of) supply) but for those people, who just HAVE to have the fastest of everything, this RAM might let them squeeze the FSB up another couple of MHz.

4. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I agree, I doubt anyone with the money for this ram is worried about money at all. They're most like maxing out everything in their system no matter how small the benefit is. If I had that kind of money i would happily buy it, but sadly I don't.

5. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

i have the RAM a few below that one (8500) but CPUZ says its max bandwidth as PC2-6400

what gives?

6. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Sometimes you need to manually set the RAM timings to get the correct speed. Did you set the timings or are they on auto in the bios?

Nice RAM but eh I think I will pass.

Tags: Add Tags