1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MGM arrives on iTunes at last...

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 11 Apr 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

2. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Nice. But for those of us who don't have iTunes, remind us what is the price of a movie again? Oh and how big is a standard movie file and what kind of speeds does iTunes allow you to download at?

As far as I'm aware, MGM's addition of 500 movies to the catalog is the largest made by any studio. How many other movies are there currently available?

Edit: Oh yeah, now I remember why I haven't read much about the iTunes movie service; when will they make movies available to us UKians?

3. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Why the lower resolution? + If I buy it on DVD I can rip it to whatever I want.

4. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

They are gonna launch a DRM free download that has extras like the bits of the movie that would otherwise be chopped off.:D

5. sunny_man

sunny_man What's a Dremel?

It's a shame we here in the UK don't have the option to download TV shows and films from the UK iTunes store. They sell video iPods here and yet they won't supply the media to take advantage of it.

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Because despite how trivial it is to do so, it's illegal (at least in the US) to do that. No idea about Canada or the UK, or anywhere else for that matter.

Personally, I think the extras are a waste of space, so I'd rather pay a tiny bit less since I'm still getting all that I want. But once again, conditionally: their distribution costs have dropped to almost zero, so I should get *at least* the same quality a DVD has, and at a notably lower cost (or HD for the same price). And, of course, sans DRM. It's not like you can't already download any film in existence off of bit-torrent, and unlike with music, emailing a friend a copy of the movie you just bought isn't especially feasible (and it's this casual piracy that DRM is designed to prevent).

Tags: Add Tags