1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Enermax Uber Chakra Case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 19 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

Is it just me or does the fans in this case seem redundant? I would have thought big fans like that would make a bigger difference... but then the overall case temp seems quite low.

3. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

I think ill stick to my gigabyte aurora case for now.

4. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

i can quite honestly say i will never buy another case (that costs more than £40) again, i think it would be good however if a company made a modders box. something plain without paint or symbols that can be easily taken apart and customised. Flat pack if you will. i think there would be a reasonable market for this and all they would be selling at the end oof the day would be a few sheeets of metal. i would buy it if it cost ~£25

5. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

an ikea sorts of case??

6. Perforated

Perforated What's a Dremel?

actually, there've been quite a few times I would have been grateful for a skeleton for a case - sheet material is easy to come by to make side panels, but just a frame & drive rails & things to clad yourself would make for some really fast custom cases!

7. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Call me crazy but I feel like this review was a little biased. Everything you said about this case was good. In fact it almost seemed like you were searching for reasons for this case to be horrible. (The feet might scratch your desk) It just seems like the complaints for case reviews tend to get pettier and pettier with every one that I read. If anything I would have mentioned the weight because i believe the chassis is steal. Or at least it looks like it and if it is it's at least twice what it would be if it was aluminum. Just my 2 cents

8. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Fair point, though this was my first bit-tech case review. The case is SECC, yeah, but I personally didn't find it that heavy to move about. Maybe I'm just too hard for my own good ;)

The feet really did scratch up the surface I was working on though and left quite a few marks. The case is probably intended to be positioned on the floor, but I always prefer a desktop PC and thing cases should be useable in that position no matter what. All it would have taken to fix it would have been some rubberised soles to the feet.

Besides, there are better cases out there in this price range. The Gigabyte Aurora we suggested is a good one, and theres even the cooler master mystique, which I use at work, provided you don't need a full tower.

9. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Why do case manufacturers insist on stamping their logo on their wares? I mean, it's not like you can buy an enermax/antec/CM branded PC, so why should it look like that to an outsider? Maybe it's just me being anal, but I always find myself painting/sanding/filling any sign of a brand on the case with any of my builds :dremel:

10. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

Wow thats ugly. It looks like they've tried to make it look smooth and sleek then had a geeky fit half-way through. It just doesn't work.

11. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Wow, a foot fan? That case must be massive. Nice review.

12. TMM

TMM Modder

way to mess up the airflow with a massive fan on the side perpendicular to the rest of the case airflow, and even more disturbing a massive mesh hole in the side. More fans != better. Lets see, where can the hot air coming off your beast of a rig go?

1. Out the exhaust fan
    2. Out the PSU
    3. Out that ugly mesh hole in the side - and the air would have to travel from your CPU and GFX card which are basically at the back of the case, against the airflow of the front intake fan to exit the mesh hole.

All the large fan and mesh side does is blow the air all around the case instead of trying to efficiently get air to move through the case (i.e. in one point, pass across the components, out another). The large hole in the side also lets all the noise out of the case. Worst design ever.

Tags: Add Tags