1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Pressure for investigation into Wi-Fi health risks

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 23 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I'm guessing this will be the same as all mobile phone investigations, it will yield little in the way of (useful) results.

3. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Its going to be completely pointless. Are people going to go over and make their neighbours stop using wifi to prevent them becoming ill ?

If anyone asks me to stop I will point them in the direction of the tin-foil hat which has the added benefit of stopping mind control rays.

4. Echo

Echo What's a Dremel?

Is there actually proof to show that wi-fi may possibly be damaging to health, even if it is slight?

5. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

That's about what I expect also.

Personally I have avoided going wireless (with the exception of my lightly used cell phone) - all this extra radiation may or may not be harmful but it can't hurt to avoid any unneeded exposure. Besides that, wired connections are both more secure and easier to troubleshoot.

6. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

This is stupid. I haven't got any problems with health, and I use Wi-Fi. I don't think they will find anything worth worrying about.

7. casey_cole

casey_cole Minimodder

What a pile of BS... There's more harmful radiation coming out a blinkin' brick wall than a wireless router, cell phone, mobile mast or even *shock!* a TV.

Ridiculous health scare instigated primarily by people who just don't understand.

CC

8. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

wifi power to low

Mobile power out put has an range of 2KM whare as wifi at best 20-30m indoors 50m out doors
    bluethooth has range of about 10m

thay all run on 2.4ghz band more or less

9. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Glad i have my tinfoil beanie

10. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

the energy levels output by wireless routers are minimal. to damage cells it doesn't just take high frequency, it takes high amplitude (energy carried by waves).

I could sit in a room with something at 600GHz frequency, but if it had a small amplitude it would do nothing (the beta particles from the physical transmitter matter would be more harmful).

Cell towers are dangerous to stand close to because they have a high amplitude in order to carry the signal farther.

all-in-all, you're getting more radiation from a CRT than from any wi-fi network.

11. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

i dont like wireless connections anyway, extra lag time for gaming, annoying when signal reduces for no reason and just so much slower.

12. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

Well noting that Wi-Fi uses electromagnetic waves in the radio section verses the other forums of electromagnetic waves including light, infrared, ultraviolet gamma and other forms of radiation. It should be expected that if Wi-Fi could be causing cancer(being at the low energy level of the spectrum) that the government should be looking into high energy causes that are also common in class room environments. These would include investigating heat as a health risk, light, and ultraviolet radiation.

Ultimatly if the health risks of Wi-Fi are so high that people should be kept away from it then they should also not be aloud to play out side and should only be exposed to light for a time no greater than 2 hours each day. Also no child should be aloud to get an x-ray because the amount of energy in x-ray waves is a multitude greater than years of Wi-Fi exposure. It should also be recommended that children ware led vests to protect them from cell phone towers, two way radios and the death rays also known as infrared tv(telly) remotes.

Is anyone else looking is the money and time going into this study and craziness and just... :wallbash:

13. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

a study i once saw showed that a tinfoil beanie would actually help the government read your mind if they did in fact have such a device because the frequencies that are exclusively registered to the government are amplified by tinfoil by very large factor.

also tinfoil amplifies cellphones...
    :D

14. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

ill leave mine at home then.....

:D

15. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

This is why I walk around in a lead-aluminium alloy chainmail full-body suit and helmet

Safe and it looks nifty

16. Aankhen

Aankhen What's a Dremel?

Unless I'm mistaken, that's what this study is going to try and find out. :)

17. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

why not just upgrade to full-plate armor? It'll have the side-bonus of stopping all those pesky arrows! :D

18. Freemanator

Freemanator What's a Dremel?

The scare language also annoys me. I know it is radiation, but the average person associates radiation with nuclear radiation, and not just energy, which I am sure is responsible for a lot of the hysterics.

19. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

Even human beings give off radiation to a degree.

all matter gives off particles as it degenerates, and this degeneration is what heats the earth. (mostly thorium is responsible for this, given its concentrations and energy output over decay)

20. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Wifi has a range of 100m max, mobiles have a range of a good few miles.

Which do we stick on our heads daily?

Tags: Add Tags