1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec P182 Performance One

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Still a nice looing case.

DO you guys think you can get some photos of the P182 SE??

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Much nicer the the other cases \o/

4. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Still looks like a fridge but I like the gun metal paint.

I have never been a fan of the case though, but like your review all the same.

Can we ever expect to see a review of the Silverstone TJ09? I have it and have never been happier about a case, and I've owned CM and currently have the Stacker 830. Have also had multiple Lian Li's but nothing has come close to the TJ09. Its all a matter of personal preference but I think the world need's to see a Bit-Tech review ;)

5. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

I've just realised that the P180 I ordered back in March, is in fact a P182! :)
    It's certainly a great case, if a little cramped.

6. KillerCroc

KillerCroc What's a Dremel?

The case seems spacious enough, but I'm curious as to why you mounted your HDD's in the upper chamber rather than to lower - wouldn't that have impacted the airflow and temps in some way?

7. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

The lower bay is definitely better for the HDDs. the top restricts the airflow to the motherboard, and can cause temps to rise.

8. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

you wait zr_ox, I've got a crossflow for my stacker 830, that should do the job of the TJ09's duct for the gfx

9. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That looks like a minor alteration to an otherwise fantastic case, ending up with another fantastic one with fewer niggles. If I wasn't in love with this Chieftech, I'd have it. Clean, simple and well designed.

10. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

fixed :p

11. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

It's still a mini-fridge. A touch easier to cable SLI setups now, but it's still a mini fridge. And still ugly.

12. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Yup, no style what so ever.

13. kempez

kempez modding again!

I hate the case tbh. Cable routing sucks, it's hard to work with and feels cramped (despite being quite large) and it's FUGLY

Good review as usual tho

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Is this more to your taste, sir?

15. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

the advantage of the case having no style makes it blend in with a high end new sound system. it's not as easy to notice, but atleast it's prettier then the kandalf :p

16. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

wow. I don't think i've seen something uglier by design in a looooong time.

17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Nice review, but I can't help wondering how the hell could the WC tubes make any noises? :) TBH I think the rubber grommets are there to prevent the tube from scratching against metal and thus damaging itself. Tiny thing tho.

Unfortunately there's not much new in the 182 as the review clearly shows, actually I think the wire management route behind the mobo-tray is the biggest. The paintwork is the second and that's it. So it indeed is an update instead of new model.

Had I been in the team, I really would have got rid of the damn top-thingadilly! I hate it! It's the only ugly thing in the design, and also rather useless IMO. Maybe it helps if one has 8800GTX's or overclocked Prescot, but to me it seems just useless. I don't know if that's a common phenomena or not, but atleast in my case the top fan is also the one that's failing. I'm not too confident about the quality of the tri-cools, yeah they are relatively silent at slow speed, but simply too many of them start making noises after some use.

18. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

jipa: the radiators have fans attached to them. fans vibrate.

and yeah it's an update, hence it being called the 182 and not the 280.

19. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I have to agree with Jipa on that one, since adding grommets to the tubing inlet/outlet is not to reduce vibration. To reduce vibration you need to decouple the offending device from the chassis which is not the purpose of said grommets. OK there may be a miniscule amount of vibes from the tubes, but they would be so low you would never notice them.

I also agree that a case update should be referred to as 180b or whatever since they seem to be marketing it as a new case. It is clearly a revision and so should be branded accordingly.

it's all just an opinion and none of us are right....well except me :hehe:

20. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Well you were extremely wrong in this one as P180B has been out for an year or so ;) I got your point, just had to nit-pick a bit.

Tags: Add Tags