1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare confirmed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Schweeet

Love COD3 on the 360. Imo one of the best online multiplayer experiences. Nice to see they're leave WWII era as it's getting a little tired.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

and so COD2's online life is farrrr from being over

I'd be surprised if they would attract the majority of the regular Cod1/2 community to cod4 now that it's a totally different game

i guess all we can do is wait & see

4. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

IMO, seems like it will be sort of bf2 alike.

5. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

It's not the cloths or vehichles of the COD games which made them so successful.

COD's effects, visuals (non era related),sound and storyline more than anything made it such a success IMHO. When playing COD you were immersed in such a well scripted environment which stimulated the senses (no jokes please).

Moving on from the WWII era is just natural progression. Provided they maintain the same model, I cannot see how it could fail. We all discussed how it was our ability to relate to the WWII era which made the game such a hit, well Middle Eastern terrorism is even more relevant for OUR generation.

I dont think it will be like BF, since there is an unengaging feel about the BF series. Sure they are fun to play but I have never been gripped by the series the same as COD.

Just think of the goodies that DX10 will enhance :naughty:

(Provided that there is the odd German to bash in the next game I'm sure we will all be very happy with the revamp......joking :hehe:)

Last edited: 26 Apr 2007
  6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

nice...... i hope it is as good as COD2 and 3.

edit: or better.

7. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I never really got into CoD once you've played one WWII title you really have played them all imo. So while its good that they're trying something new I probably wont buy it unless I check it at a friends house or something, but it does have the fact its not an EA title, going for it so who knows.

8. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

some of the WW games seem kinda 'hollow' and but CoD games never fail to hook me right in , CANT WAIT for this one and I hope its not a bloody console only release like CoD3

9. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

AFIAK this is PC only. I read an article a ways back claiming it was, and saying that all odd numbered COD games will now be console while even will be PC only, but I don't know if thats changed or I'm even remembering it right. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be for the PC either way.

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

i hope so. stupid CoD3 is console only...which is stupid... stupid.

11. fargo

fargo What's a Dremel?

if its not developed for the pc EA can stick it where
    the sun doesn't shine!!!!!

12. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

was one of the big reasons I got my wii :)

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I have mixed feelings about the wii version. Sure, it's ok and the controls are ok, but it has some bad lag at points.

I just hope this doesn't prove to be bad move. I personally would have loved to see a WWI game and think trench warfare would have been excellent.

14. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I don't like FPS games (currently) on Wii.

The whole keeping your arm almost straight for an hour hurts.

15. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

more like BF2 eh, COOL :D

About time a game of such is coded and released by some decent dev's.

I have been put off of playing BF2 due to all of EA's bugs and poor support.
    (anyone recall first decade??! May god have mercy on EA's souls, as i certainly dont!)

16. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

all I know is I wish they would bring CoD3 to PC, I was looking so forward to it, now CoD4 ugh if it is also going to be console only Im going to be pissed >_<
    I hate playing FPS on consoles. I hope they bring both to the PC market, I cant understand why they wouldnt do that.

17. Nova

Nova What's a Dremel?

could this possibly draw away from valve's long forgotten counter strike source?

18. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

Yeah same, after playing the first and second i became very bored. Maybe they will do something with the control system as well. I always found it to be very wooden and unresponsive!

19. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

I think a WWI era game would be good but it 13 levels of trench warfare would be repetitive. It would need to be more open otherwise it would become boring rather quickly.

20. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

From all the FPS-games I've tried so far, I'd say CoD:UO has the best gameplay. Seriously I can't name ANY issues with the movement of the guys. Unfortunately I can't say the same about CoD2, I've played it quite a lot, so it's not totally horrid, but thanks to the new climbing, there's way more bugs involved. In some places you can and in some places you can't. Some times you can shoot while climbing and other times you can't. I guess every FPS-gamer (even those who haven't played CoD2) can see the problem here. It just makes you want to go around those places and not get shot in the face while not being able to shoot.

So what I'm aiming here is that I don't think the skins and the theme do as much of a difference as does the overall gameplay. Even though I find it, at some level, being abuse for the Call of Duty-name, I still think it might be a good thing to move on to the modern times.

We shall see how this turns out. (sorry about the wall of text, I hope someone reads it through and finds something that makes sense.) (too much caffeine... must.. get.. more).

Tags: Add Tags