1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Game refuses to stock Oblivion for PS3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 Apr 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Wasn't this a pricing issue? I thought they couldn't agree on how much the game was going to cost and thus how much Game got per sale?

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Good stuff, the less of a console market there is for Elder Scrolls games the better they're going to be.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I was disappointed by Oblivion personally, I felt it was over hyped and didn't make me really want to either replay it or complete all the extra missions.

5. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Who here buys games from GAME anyway?

Only reason I ever go in my local is to try out the latest console and to talk to the hottie that loves ninty who works behind the counter :p

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I too felt Oblivion was a bit bland. Beautiful, but bland. Nothing really stood out as amazing except for a few smaller quests (The artist trapped in his own painting, the cowl of the grey fox, stealing an elder scroll and jumping down the chimney) and most of it was standard fetch quests or unimaginative (the nightmare filled with boring tests, actually visiting oblivion). Besides, I quickly realised that in order to completely pwn at the game you only needed to have a high speed, athletics or acrobatics skill. Then you can just run backwards shooting arrows indefinitely and run through dungeons and oblivion quicker than monsters can spot you. Then just grab the lame rewards and head out.

Sure, I know there are mods out there to change the stuff I don't like but two things:
    a) leaving a game to be fixed by modders is lazy and stupid
    b) I don't like having to spend 5 hours finding and downloading mods for a game after each re-install.

Sigh. Rant over.

Besides, I prefer the Wii.

Oh, and I don't use Game either. I trade in at Gamestation on occasion, but I mostly use Play.com.

7. DougEdey

WHERE?

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I have not bought from game since i found play.com 6 or 7 years ago and also when there return policy changed on PC games, by not allowing you to return pc games :(

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I'm guessing the reason behind them not stocking it will be that most of the market that already wants/wanted the game will already have it and as such to bring it out at say, £45 again its just bad marketing and GAME are likely to be lumped with stock they cannot sell.

We used to have a member of staff like that in our local Gamestation, shame I've not seen her in there the last few times, she probably left or something.

Anyway, I occasionally on the rarest of occasions buy from GAME when I absolutely positively have to have a game NOW, though I do shop around Virgin, HMV, Game and Gamestation to get the best deal naturally.

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I think its generally agreed: Game is where you grandma goes to buy you the computer 'you always wanted'. Gamestation is where you go to trade it in and buy something else with it because Game won't take it back, with the cash in the bank you then go to Play.com.

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I occasionally shop from GAME online when theres a new release for the 360, since £40 is basically the cheapest you can get a new release for the 360, and I then get double points, but apart from that, I avoid it like the plaque since the prices are far too high.

But the majority of gamers do shop from there, the "ones in the know" don't, but the high street chavs do.

13. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Considering the PS3 versions comes pre-packaged with Knights of the Nine, and the Hideouts/Horse Armor, it's not a bad deal, especially compared to those of us who spent well over the initial price downloading the extra content.

14. DougEdey

And here I was thinking you were a student, HMV - 10% off.

15. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

I havent had to pay more than £32 for any brand new xbox 360 games and thats without student discount, you just need to shop around.

16. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

O great! another biased Joe Martin article making it seem as if Game doesn't "like" the PS3 or that it's not worth their time. PS3 is selling great considering the 250,000 consoles signed up for the Folding@Home Project.

Of course there's going to be a business reason behind this announcement. Game probably wanted more than Sony was willing to give them to sell the game and so what!, there's plenty of other retailers out there. And like others have said, Game is expensive anyways so what's the big hoopla.

Secondly, Sony's head man that 'retired' is still going to be involved in future consoles and other endeavors; I mean he's still Sony's Chairman, so it's not like he just got up and left and said "Good Luck!". Man I'm getting tired of this biased crap.

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Me too. The articles fine. You're a fanboy.

18. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I don't even own a PS2, PSP OR a PS3. How am I a fanboy bud? Explain that. I play 360 on a daily basis. For all I know YOU'RE a Wii or 360 fanboy who is just scared the PS3 is actually better in terms of features/content for the price (maybe not right now in terms of games/movies, but it took 360 close to a year and a few months to get anything worth buying out and don't get me started on the Wii).

Also in the US: Elite = $499.99 ($699 w/ HD-DVD). PS3 = $599.

Peace.

19. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Would you guys say that Game is more like a Gamestop of here in America, or more like a Best Buy or Circuit City or Comp USA?

20. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Game is overpriced but has prominent stores which are larger than the other big game shop here; games station. They however stock less games despite there larger size due to large empty bits of carpet. Both stores are drifting towards only stocking console games as that's where all the money is. Game used to accept trading in old games but seem to no longer dseal in second hand goods. Game station has alot of there store devoted to trade in games and you can ocasionaly get an old clasic for about 99p which makes having a quick look worthwile. Games I have got from gamestation for 99p: America Mcgees Alice, Spell force order of dawn, Shogun total war, Armed and dangerous

Basicly sums it up pretty factually I think :)

Tags: Add Tags