1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox 360 going to 65nm in Autumn

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Should of happened in the Elite.

3. GamingHobo

GamingHobo What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure how this is good for current Xbox 360 owners, I can't see myself shelling out for another console unless mine fails - which is perfectly possible I suppose. Could the Elite look any worse now?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Why would you? It's like the PS2-Slim.

EDIT: It's not even a PS2 slim cause at least that was a size change but the PS2 and even Xbox itself went through about a dozen revisions.

5. LVMike

LVMike What's a Dremel?

Not a consern to me, mynbox is working just fine. And its not like we didnt know this was going to happen, I mean come on. If the price drops so what the 50-80 that it may drop is of little concern to me and is more than made up for given the amount of utils i have recived in the mean time.

6. DougEdey

8 actually, but they were just PCB layouts and anti mod chip mods. Nothing major like reducing the temperature/noise output.

I'm putting a silent fan on my 360 as soon as I find the Vinyl dye.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'd rather put a louder fan in the TBH, it's hot enough as it is without decreasing the airflow even more. I think the ones in there are delta fans anyway, so theres not much better you can get without proper modding, or one of those crappy intercooler things.

8. DougEdey

My housemate has one fitted and it doesn't seem to adversely affect the system in any way. He hasn't even had one stall yet

9. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

The NYKO intercooler fits really really snug and it's better than what I thought it'd be. 3 fans can really help pull out that excess heat, but for the cost idk if it's really worth it unless you've noticed problems. 65nm will be worth buying now, but not upgrading to. Hopefully the price will drop, but who knows it's Microsoft; somehow, someway they will get your $.

10. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

It seems microsoft is competing with sony for the most irritating console manufacturer award.

I was thinking of getting an 360 but now I think I'll wait. Wait for a month after the 65nm release for the next announcement HDDVD/Wifi built in?

Maybe in 2/3 revisions time we'll see what the elite should be now.

11. naokaji

naokaji whatever

i don't think they will drop the price... why? they would have to lower it too much to compete with the wii at the price front, and the ps3 isn't going to be a threat price wise anytime soon... so i don't really see a reason for them to lower the price.

Tags: Add Tags