1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony responds to animal slaughter accusations

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

oh come on, topless women are used to prote everything and anything. Why is this game different.

People are quick to jump on sony from news they read and believe everyword even though the people writing the story were never there and knew of the facts. I dont trust news that comes second or third hand.

3. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

So...it's morally wrong to have a promotional event with blood, raw meat and a decapitated animal that, while a bit squeemish for some, is all about a video game which isn't real nor is based on anything real. It's just make believe...

But it's morally correct for millions of people to attend a ceremony every Sunday and eat the flesh and drink the blood of a come-to-life zombie from 2000 years ago in the hopes that it will give them immortality....

Hmm.... :rolleyes:

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

It's becayse these women were actually topless with body paint, rather then normal topless meaning skimpy tops.

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Don't even get me started on organised religion ;)

6. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I don't see why they're freaking out about it so much if the goat was already dead. I thought they killed it at the event, which I admit would have been really extreme lol. Anyway I would hate to be that guy who got stuck with his photo on a bunch of tabloids, I can't imagine walking around would be very fun after all that.

7. munim

munim What's a Dremel?

Dethklok would be proud. Brutal..

8. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

LOL! :naughty:

9. Starbuck3733T

Starbuck3733T Look out sugar, here it comes

They'll always offend _somebody_

10. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Very true Starbuck

But I think they went to far with this, and overall gives a bad view of Sony. Not that I care, they do a good job of that regardless of decapitated goats looking bad in the public eye. The gaming industry is criticized enough without getting groups like PETA pissed off.

Last I checked there wern't goes in GoW? Maybe a new race of savage goats in GoW2?

11. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

No matter what Sony does wrong Joe will be sure to publicize it for all to see, even if it's something like this event that could be easily taken the wrong way and misrepresented.

12. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:rolleyes: That has got to be one of the most messed up misinterpretations I have ever seen. Please take your hate elsewhere.
    ---------------------

The thing for me is that while stories of topless women & a dead animal have made such a splash in parts of the western media it looks like they hardly made an impact in the country in which this happened. The event (or false stories thereof) certainly did not fit in many cultures but in many other countries around the world women go topless in public regularly (admittedly mostly on beaches) and in even more countries markets have large displays of whole slaughtered animals. In those countries this is no big deal - It is even culturally correct. Sure, some PR person at Sony should have thought out how this would play in other countries but in the country in which it happened was it was ok.

The other thing is that yes, someone at Sony blundered, but the press (especially the writer of the original story) is, IMO, more to blame that Sony.

Like you, I wish the original story had been a little more closely scrutinized before being posted - But your vendetta against Joe seems a little extreme. Give him a little time before you judge him so.

13. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Honestly what a big PR stunt and we are all talking about it, who gives a dam really, lol, don't believe the hype

14. Major

Major Guest

All I'm saying, she's hot! :)

15. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

No hate was displayed.. Merely a point of view which is obviously contrary to yours and supports the idea that because something is accepted "pop culture", somehow makes it "ok" as opposed to something that isn't. Why is a system of outdated, archaic practices considered "ok" and a dead animal (combined with boobies of course) to advertise a video game "not ok"?

That's all I was pointing out...

So.. get stuffed, God-boy..

16. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Indeed.

17. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Finally someone who sums it all up and cuts to the chase. Thank you!

Secondly, how many of you can show me a story regarding bad rep on Sony that hasn't been written by Joe? It's almost like he just goes 'OH! OH! Let me write about it and put my spin on it" or he just posts about someone else's that has the same viewpoint as his. I mean he's even said he hates Sony and he's also spouting out things like 360 and Wii have better BC than the PS3. I mean I've already said this before, but I'm going to say it again: Wii games ARE Gamecube games so how hard is BC for that and it's also nowhere close to being on the same level as the PS3 so I'm not going any further; 360 on the other hand has like maybe 250-300 Xbox games so far that work if you download the specific firmware for the game which is still a hassle, so hurray for Microsoft. So with that said how is the BC on the Wii and 360 better than the PS3's? especially in the USA where it came with the PS1 & PS2 hardware built-in?

Idk, maybe I haven't been giving Joe enough time, but lately he's just been getting on my nerves with all of these articles he posts about Sony.

Last edited: 1 May 2007
  18. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

[Off Topic]
    yep, no hate at all :rolleyes:

:thumb: As has been stated by others: "you never get a second chance to make a first impression". It looks like you are willing to give him a chance at a second impression on you so that's good. Incidentally (and somewhat amusingly to me), my first impression of Joe wasn't bad at all but my first impression of you was formed by your attacks on him -meh, I'll give you both time. ;)
    (hey, maybe even mmorgue is an good guy when he's not off on a rant)

[/Off Topic]

19. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Sony casts yet another shovelful of dirt out of their already too-deep-to-get-out-of grave.

20. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

omg some people forget that we use to hunt for food, lol up tight dumbasses.

Tags: Add Tags