1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lucasarts announce new game, Fracture

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 May 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Tessellation at its best?

3. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Pfft, Red Faction on the PS2 was released ages ago and that had 'terrain deformation' or whatever you wanna call it. It's still cool though.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i also remembered red faction, especially red faction 2 with this cybernetically enhanced humans thing.

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Bah, I was hoping it would be something original, i.e. not another FPS. I want monkey island damnit!

6. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

I've always liked the idea of terrain deformation, but I felt it was too limited in the Red Faction games, especially the second one. Though that was probably because of hardware limitations. This game looks interesting, I'll have to keep my eye on it.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I dunno, I want a sequel to X-Wing Alliance. :D

8. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

I was going to say I hope they get the scale right, since I've never been able to take seriously most fps about a "war" since planetside when on a good day you might have 200 players fighting over a base, with tanks, artillery, fighters, bombers involved, as well as desperate stands at sub-bases on the periphery with either the defenders trying to hold on or retake a tower that had just been lost to deny the enemy easy reinforcements. But then I realized "console game" and that its coming out on 360 and PS3 .. so I don't really care ;p plus its not like either is going to have the memory to really do scale justice I suspect.

9. CardJoe

Veles for teh win!

10. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

Nethack had terrain deformation...

11. CardJoe

Nethack had everything. Best death in nethack btw:

"You are carrying too much, you fall down the stairs. You land on your sword. The sword was poisoned. There is a cockatrice here. The cockatrice turns you to stone."

12. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Sounds like a refreshing departure from their typical games, which I think in the past have been pretty good themselves. Curious to see what comes out on the other side

13. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

pffffft

monkey island was amazing! :D

14. CardJoe

15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

16. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, ... were great but I'd also be quite happy with another title in the Knights of the Old Republic series.

Otherwise, Bah, good old Scorched Earth (best Artillery variant ever :D , even better than the best 3D version) had terrain deformation as an almost essential part of the game. ah, the memories :)

17. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ah it looks like fun enough. Though to be honest real land scape deformation I've yet to see. What I'm waiting for is a situation where blowing a hole in one side of a rock arch will cause the whole arch to fall over as a native part of the physics engine, and no-one's come close to doing that yet. Though I imagine given the insane amount of processing required to do that in real time we'll need to wait for the next generation of physics cards to come out.

Tags: Add Tags