1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Shuttle SS21T

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 17 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Quick note: The border on the first test setup here seems to be smaller then the other borders.

Also, why is there no test to another system running an FX62 and 7600GT?

3. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one who thinks it ironic that this is a (nano)BTX standard board using an AMD CPU? is BTX not an Intel standard? or did I miss something completely?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Cause the actual level of graphics horse power does nothing in 2D if they both have the same drivers and once you're passed a certain level. It's also due to the fact you can't run anything faster in the Shuttle SS21T, whereas you can run whatever you like elsewhere. It's a good point, but I was aiming more on the whole platform side rather than a 1:1 because a £130odd Asus Crossfire is an overkill compared to a SiS board ;)

Doc: Yea totally, that's why the layout is so screwed up. Intel designed BTX to have the memory the other side of the northbridge, too far away from the CPU for AMD. In this way, DTX is designed to pwn Intel and put the memory on the wrong side of the CPU to the northbridge. Shuttle made this before DTX, but I don't know why they just didn't make a mATX board instead.

5. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Shame because the external design is quite beautiful.

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

d'oh still no onboard DVI.. I don't get it. IMO the place for small and cute computers such as this are supposed to have everythin essential included so they can just be thrown into some office and they just work. After all most offices have flat monitors these days..

(ok this didn't make sense, but DVI would be damn nice. Maybe the only nice thing in the entire IGP)

7. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

@ Jipa

Good, it's not as if DVI to D-SUB connectors are hard to come by...

8. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

Guess it would make a pretty, but slightly overpriced doorstop ;)

-->Tim: ok, thanks for clearing that up I'm sure someone at shuttle is thinking the same thing now (or more like: "dammit why didn't we know a new AMD standard was coming"), probably more a marketing decision than an engineer one (like this:
    MarketGuy: "nanoBTX sounds cool, nano is hip! put it a box with AMD cause we like those CPU's"
    Engineer: "but BTX is an Intel design will not work with AMD, why not make a mATX, if you want a small AMD based system"
    MarketGuy: "I don't care, just do it, no-one will buy something called mATX, it's soo yesterday"
    Engineer: :wallbash:

9. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Are you missing something there Rich?

I thought BTX had died a while ago except for in Dells.

10. Tim S

Tim S OG

Ah thanks, my mistake - I was tweaking and forgot to replace a word :duh:

11. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

where are all the decent shuttles to replace my nice SN45g :(

12. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

DAMN!

I wanted to stuff a X1900XTX in there and make a mini, semi-portable power rig for gaming and other stuff.

13. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:hehe: I saw the BTX form factor then was shocked by the AMD bit when I started reading.

It's a shame, I used to want a Shuttle SFF. Lately though they can't seem to make what I (& quite a few others I guess) am (/are) looking for.

Tags: Add Tags