1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New PS3 firmware update today

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 May 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Support for printers is very interesting. Wonder if you can do print outs from the web browser or take screen shots and print. That would be good.

Just hope that they are thinking of adding other branded printers as I hate Epsom

3. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Yay to proper 1080p upscaling support! Now I can transfer my VHS films to DVD and watch them in 1080p glory!!! (that last bit is a joke btw)

4. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

shame the EU PS3 wont play my US copy of Front Mission 4

it looks awful on my Dell 2407, all the jaggies are so in your face :(

5. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Well I guess Europeans have a feature that may NOT be on the US/Japan versions. Wasn't expecting that.....also that's something that's pretty sweet for later on down the road as you won't have to put up with the crappy half screen feel that most people get right now when watching old movies and analog TV. The printer support is kind of a joke since it only works with Epson. Idk anyone who owns an Epson tbh. Either way they are filling the whole dug so that's a plus.

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Who approached who, Sony or Epson, I wonder. It is an interesting feature, though to be honest I'm struggling to think of much you'd be bothered enough to go get an Epson printer and set it up, just for a PS3 printout of a game's scoreboard or something. Consoles and printers don't seem the most natural of companions IMHO.

7. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

i suppose anything that increases the functionality and scale of the PS3 is a good thing. Tho i would have preferred to see Canon or HP for the compatible printers. Oh well.

Would have much preferred a PS3 <-> PC link for accessing movies, music, etc.

8. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Thats in this release via DNLA just not mentioned in Bit techs news article, get full release info here

http://uk.playstation.com/help-support/ps3/guides/detail/item65498/Update-features-(ver-1-80)

Last edited: 25 May 2007
  9. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

@sandys

Thanks! :thumb:

Sadly I can't see PS3 official site at work.. blocked! :wallbash:

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

It might be because the link I have posted doesn't put the last ) on.

11. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I ran the update yesterday and also noticed the movies stored on the HDD of my PS3 were also being upscaled. My TV was showing a 1080i resolution for them.

Tags: Add Tags