1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Toshiba to use AMD laptop chip

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 29 May 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. trig

trig god's little mistake

thing is, if ur amd, ur always looking over your shoulder, checking toshiba's email...and from intel's perspective, now that toshiba has cheated, you start to wonder if you can ever really trust toshiba again...its just a huge mess...

3. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Dont really know what to think. Right now Intel processors are leading the processor lists - so why bother with AMD at this point. I would see the point if AMDs processors were better at this point.

A few years ago I used to consider Toshiba as one of the top laptop brands with some of the best build quality. Now the lines are much more blurred with a lot of other manufacturers making equally good if not better built laptops.

4. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Intell lead in performance but at the very low end netburst chips are competing with semprons which are far better for laptops.

5. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove What's a Dremel?

could this be more of a safe-guard against later lawsuits that might spin off the Intel-AMD case?
    as in: "yeah ok we did only use intel, but NOW we use AMD as well"

6. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Hm, not gonna say much about the Intel vs. AMD thing regarding Toshiba. But this might just help AMD in keeping their boat afloat untill they can set a new sail and head for safe water.

Tags: Add Tags