1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Computex 2007: Pre Show Tour

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 5 Jun 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Is that a water-blocked chipset I see on the ROG Blitz Extreme?

Some of those Mobo's look nice, but I'm worried by the size of the chipset cooler on those ABit boards.

3. Glider

Glider /dev/null

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

That X-Fi add-on board thing has caught my interest o_O

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I'm just wondering how much the MSI P35 will cost with such bundle. And how about Diamond Maxx Ultra-edition of the same board with the included inflatable founder of MSI and so on...

6. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Those MSI HDMI video cards look interesting, not too sure about the "upgradeable" memory on the other one though.

7. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Some cool stuff here, like the increased number of watercooling ready stuff.
    Those Abit front panels are really damn useful fr resetting the CMOS, I wish I had my old one.

8. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Connect?

Some good looking stuff there, what sort of price might the RD790 boards be going for?

9. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

Ohhh... that dual MXM module PCI-Express card from MSI looked awesome. Wonder why nobody has thought of that before. It sure will cut prices as MXM modules are manufactured in thousands for laptops anyway. It says NVIDIA on the PCB, so this must me a reference design from NVIDIA as well. Paired with the ASUS DIY notebook MXM will get very popular. Will we see desktop motherboards with MXM slot as well? I know there are special Mini-ITX boards with MXM addon interface cards, but a ordinary MicroATX board with MXM slot would be cool in a slim HTPC.

10. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Bit of a niche product TBH. Why would you put that in your desktop and pay for the PCI-E to dual-MXM adaptor AND two MXM 8600 modules, when you could buy a full desktop 8800 GTS 320, probably for less money, that will eat the dual MXM solution for breakfast?

Though I agree, a mATX board with an MXM slot that mounts upgradeable graphics flush to the motherboard would be quite cool.

11. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

Make sure to get some pictures of the Asus(I believe) Motherboard with integrated ram and cooling solution, that sounds interesting. :eek:

12. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

couple the Saphire HD 2900XT dual with that ROG board with the MSI creative Express card all WC'd and you have heaven. (and an insane electricity bill)

I may yet head back to ATi on my next build :thumb:

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

HDMI connection looks sexy on a videocard. Its such a nice change from either the old and ugly blue one or the huge white one (although there is still one left)

14. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I still prefer DVI over HDMI, because it supports a higher maximum resolution.

15. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

wow the blitz extreme looks neato.. i'll keep an eye out for that i think

16. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

I love HDMI, a one-cable solution. That's how it should be. Truly digital and very organized. I hate my big ass VGA connection and my thick DVI and also having to use a seperate fibre optic cable for my audio. It just becomes a hassle when I have to move it back and forth to college and for LAN parties. Anyways, can't wait until a company comes out with (4) PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots that support full bandwith AND Crossfire. Then I'll be looking to spend my money. I would hate to limit the bandwith on my card that would need more headroom for future gaming. Lastly, I love Abit's uGuru front plate. I have always wanted something like that; something that could give me everything I needed and that would also be easy to access. Also looking forward to more Dual GPU setups for native Quad Crossfire.

17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

The only prob with HDMI is that I'd need a 600€ or so new AV-amplifier with HDMI-in and outputs for it to be handy. Suprisingly I don't think getting the audio signal to the projector is all that important... (I already have 7600 GT diamond plus with HDMI and the connection, I must admit, is pretty nice)

18. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

msi's new mobo looks boss i love all those heatpipes they make the mobo's look swift .imo.

19. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Heart ?

20. stevehp

stevehp What's a Dremel?

If you're information is correct the MSI P35 board with the X-Fi PCI-e board if it's an Xtreme Audio chipset then basically you're getting an Audigy 2 SE chip disguised as an X-Fi hate to burst anyones bubble.

Other than that the MXM SLI on stick card is an interesting approach. Odd about the RD790 I thought that was AMD's chipset for their dual FX boards.

Tags: Add Tags