1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia pulls 162.15 driver from nZone

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 2 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. 3.5SE

3.5SE What's a Dremel?

There were problems with 32 bit XP as well. After installing the beta driver on my system I started to get BSOD's and experienced slowdowns. My AVG Free software stopped working as well. It did greatly improve playback of HD DVD's on my X2 3800+, 7800 GT system. That is when it worked. Finally I had to reinstall windows as the system just died and refused to boot into windows.

3. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

I have not tryed those drivers, thankfully it would seam, but 3.5SE in future should you experience such issues, i would recomend booting into safe mode and using a tool called driver cleaner pro, to totaly clean the nvidia drivers from your system, so you may freshly install the previous drivers.
    This should prevent you from having to reinstall the entire OS at least :geek:.

4. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Weird... I had read (in the "how its meant to be played" developer program interview on BT) that NVIDIA have a gazilion different systems to test games for the gamedevopers. Why did they not use it to test the drivers on these machines first before making a beta. I bet they will make sure it would not crash on these machines in comparison to the public betas that bring down beta adictive consumers pc's

5. Buzzons

Buzzons Minimodder

well they are _beta_ drivers so they can be as buggy as nVidia wants them to be, hence er, the um Beta tagging? Agreed people should submit bug reports on the driver, but to remove it means far less bug testing can now go ahead and as such the next revision may still have some bugs in that could have been removed this dev cycle

6. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I would probably have tried them, if my 8800 hadn't kerploded :(

7. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I installed them on Vista, but I can't be bothered to remove them.
    They work just fine for me though.

8. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

i dont see the big news here

Sure they had bugs in them, but they are beta drivers, and you have to take them with a pinch of salt, and if the drivers have a big flaw, its best that nvidia stop distributing them until a fixed set are made

Tags: Add Tags