1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCZ Technology Group Releases the World’s First Production 1800MHz DDR3 Solution

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest-16, 19 Jul 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Delft, Netherlands—July 19, 2007—OCZ Technology Group (LSE: OCZ), the worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today unveiled the next step to achieving maximum performance on the latest PC platforms with the launch of the World’s first production PC3-14400 DDR3 modules. These OCZ kits are meant to set industry performance standards as well as accelerate the development of next-generation enthusiast platforms.

Tested and qualified to reach DDR3-1800 with ample overclocking capability and aggressive latencies, the OCZ PC3-14400 Platinum Edition is a true milestone. At 1800MHz, the OCZ PC3-14400 modules are rated to run CL8-8-8 to take the latest Intel platforms to previously unimaginable levels.

“OCZ is excited to release the world’s first 1800MHz DDR3 solution, which offers consumers not only the fastest production specification, but has additional headroom for enthusiasts to go on and break records,” commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ Technology. “Following on the heels of the 1600MHz release of OCZ DDR3 comes the 1800MHz DDR3 series with a peak bandwidth of 14400MB per second and latencies comparable to the fastest offerings of DDR or DDR2. No other architecture can offer the same balance of bandwidth and latencies, and no other architecture has annihilated all existing high scores within a mere few weeks after its introduction and the OCZ3P18001G series plays an integral part in this triumphant achievement.”

OCZ Platinum DDR3-1800 modules will be available in single 1024MB (1GB) modules and 2x1GB dual channel kits. OCZ’s ongoing collaboration with the leading platform providers ensures optimal performance and compatibility on all the next generation computing platforms that will be introduced later this year.

Each module is 100% hand-tested for quality assurance and compatibility and features a proprietary platinum-mirrored XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreader for the most effective heat dissipation. As part of OCZ’s line-up of premium memory, the DDR3 series is backed by a Lifetime Warranty and industry-leading technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.

2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

1600Mhz ram yesterday, 1800Mhz ram today, maybe 2000Mhz ram tomorrow

3. ikra

ikra What's a Dremel?

day after tomorrow 3ghz ram

4. naokaji

naokaji whatever

1800?????
    i had to read it again to believe it....

okay... it's "only" cl 8 stuff... but still... ddr3 1800... first it hought it would be like half a year t5ill 1600... then i got proofed wrong by 2 company's announcing dd3 1600... now we allrdy talking about ddr3 1800.... by the time i've saved enough to afford it we will prolly be able to buy drr3 2222:clap:

Last edited: 26 Jul 2007
  5. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

By the time it's reasonably priced I bet 2Ghz won't be uncommon, but how much performance would that really offer over DDR2 when it comes to things like gaming?

6. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

Normal DDR3 is already beating DDR2, isn't it?

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

1333FSB+ and "low" latency.