1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft drops price on Xbox 360 line

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

An average drop of less than 10% is clearly just a cynical attempt at appeasing buyers.
    Probably less than the reduced costs to them due to the fact that so much time has passed since launching the products.

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

But are MS going to fix the manufacturing problem????? Nope, why when we keeping buying it anyway.

4. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Exactly. However, given the option between the PS3 and 360, if game X was available for both, I'd go PS3.

5. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

$20....... right.... i bet they spend $20,000,000 advertising the drop though.

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Hm... Elite still costs too much imho, but this might just be enough to tempt me into getting a premium. Depends on the Costco price since they do a good package deal and apparently pretty much give everything in the store a lifetime warranty. The drop on the core system is a joke - they should have cut it down to about $199.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

drop the price here + fix the damn cooling = i buy one

8. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

The price drop really is a joke and since alot of people want the elite now if their going to buy one.

9. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

Seems things are really hotting up on the Xbox front.

10. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Pricedrop was pointless. The $20 on the Core is an insult. If they had gone $50 across the board they would have positioned themselves somewhat inline with the Wii on the core system, but the core being what it is (not very popular due to the expensive addons required to meet the Pro standards) it won't help it much in the long run anway. $50 off the Pro is nice, $30 off the elite was stupid. Of course, any discount off the console is a good thing, but some discounts are good, while others don't really make a huge difference I.E. $100 off the PS3 was great, $20, $50, and $30 off 3 SKU's is hardly impressive, ontop of nearly most units being considered defective (the extended warranty).

11. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

I think I'd actually take a price increase if they sorted out the hardare temperatures problem = I buy one

12. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

/\ Yeah they needed to just address the problem rather than just giving us a pricedrop....

13. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

... if you'll pardon the pun :idea:

:D

Tags: Add Tags