1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nokia announces N-Gage. Again.

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. riggs

riggs ^_^

Had a quick go on Tomb Raider once...seemed pretty crappy tbh.

As a device, the N-Gage was lame, but keeping the brand and re-launching as a service could be pretty good. Just a shame I don't like Nokia phones - the 8210 was my first, and last Nokia...I'll stick with SE thanks!

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Wehn i think N-gage I think crappy POS. Why would Nokia want to keep this brand name?

4. ElZog

ElZog Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

That name probably cost thousands in marketing and they just don't want to drop it.

Nokia's late 90s/early 00s dominance of the mobile phone market (ie the time when me and all my friends owned a nokia) is over and I don't think this is going to get people buying their phones with better alternatives on the market and established (ds and psp).

5. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

i have the first ngage and i have to say its an awesome telephone you are only concerning about the games and stuff but the first one was one of the best phones I've had not for the games that well there was one or two that were nice but because of its other capability's the mp3 player , the radio , the software you can say whatever you want until know its still is one of the best phones i've even used mine for simple programming lol about the ngage qd that is a piece of crap almost no functionalities but the first was still a pretty good phone and resistant i've mine since the first week they were lauched and it simply still works like new i know that as an ngage owner i might be suspicious but if you surpass the gaming ideia it turned out to be a nice phone, and if you want to play oon teh go buy a psp or an gamegear looool

6. eek

eek CAMRA ***.

Ever heard of a full stop/period?

7. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

ups lol sry , i was inspired lol

8. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I played on an N-Gage for like 5 minutes once in a Radioshack, I couldn't even figure out how to make it play any games. Flawed system, hopefully they can revamp it. I only liked it for Call of Duty.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it was surely crap as a gaming platform.... but it could win as a game distribution method...

10. BlueDemon

BlueDemon What's a Dremel?

Let's not forget about the hilarious sidetalking!! ;)

11. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

^^^^ that site is crazy :)

Dont you sometimes wish that some companys would just give up. I mean Noika do some really nice phones, but the N gage is their worst product and it harms the brand name.

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

yeahh we called it "dumbo phone"

13. evanbraakensiek

evanbraakensiek What's a Dremel?

Did you ever honestly have or try a NGage? If no, then stop with the over zealous ********. I've had the original for four years now, and it's still going strong. The build quality and symbian series 60 operating system was great. Some of the games were genuinely good and the handset I used to play games, listen to music, transfer files and listen to the radio. The only thing it didn't have, was a camera. Else it really was perfection.

14. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i did try an NGage but at the time there were much better mobile phones..... and as for games... i prefer the old method of getting something made for gaming.

15. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I respect Nokia for what they are trying to splice into the market. However, their target niche is simply too narrow for it to ever enjoy a comfortable success these past four or five years.

It would have helped if they were more aggressive with promoting the product/platform through consumer review networks.

16. paul2345

paul2345 What's a Dremel?

there's a proverb in my hometown ,stand up from where u fall down.so i appreciate their encourage and wish them good luck

17. CardJoe

In my hometown we say: If you disagree with someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you end up a mile away - and you have their shoes!

18. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Remind me to stay away from where you live, I dont want my shoes stolen :p

19. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

N-gage and the symbian platform (v1-2, not 3) were absolutely awesome. Not good for games? S60 had a megadrive emulator, it would be play all megadrive games very well. These were awesome phones, it was just a shame there slight complexity put off so many people. Its disappointing to see people who cant figure that out how to play games on a not that complex device reside in these forums, along with the grammar nazis.

20. CardJoe

Pretty much every device has a megadrive emulator, along with others. I can play sonic on my current mobile phone without paying for the right to have a 'GAMES MOBILE' - and my phone is years old. I can also play Monkey Island, Sonic etc and C64, MAME, NeoGeo emulators on my DS, PDA.

Hell, I can even play Half-Life on an iPod. The existence of an emulator doesn't make a platform good, especially an overpriced one with poor original games. Ngage was an...ok phone, but an awful games machine.

Tags: Add Tags