1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sequel to The Ship is underway

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Sep 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Hmmm, not sure if it really needs a sequel, it's only just been released, maybe the new one will be a bit more noobie friendly. I've got the ship but I hardly play it, it's a cool game though.

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I quite enjoy it when i can't be bothered playing something faster, its kinda relaxing in a weird way. Dunno about a sequel though.

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I bought it too - played it and hated it. Because its on Steam I couldn't even sell it afterwards :(

To me it seems like the gameplay boils down to:

Game start. You don't know who anyone is. You have to find out their names to find the person you have to kill.
    Go up to a random stranger. Click on them to find out their name.
    IF that person is the person you have to kill then you kill them, or follow them for thirty seconds until the cameras are gone, then kill them. Game over.
    OR that person is trying to kill you. They do the same. Game over.
    OR that person is nobody. Repeat from start. Game over.

Gee, fun.

Worse, thanks to the security in the game you can't even go crazy and have some fun with it.

5. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Yeah i didn't buy it till i had a go at a free weekend.

Some times i goes like that but it depends on the map, you meander around till you find your prey if the map is small and every one just groups up then its the same as above. If things spread out then you can take people out with out them even noticing. Besides the real skill to the game is finding the high value weapons and using them before your offed.

6. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I thought it was a good idea, but I found that I couldn't play it enough to get familiar with all the layouts. If you know where all the stairwells are and all the hiding places for the weapons are, you have a big advantage. I also kept getting wasted by people who were *not* assigned to kill me - you would take some interest in them (to find out if they were your target) and they would get twitchy. They get penalised in these situations, but it doesn't help if they have foiled your attempt to kill your own target.

The popularity of the game was short-lived so when I went back to have another go, there were only a few servers full of either hardcore gamers or idiots.

It was a original idea; not perfect. Not sure if there is any mileage in Mk II.

7. f00dl3

f00dl3 What's a Dremel?

I played the original mod for Half Life (before they split it into a separate project) and thought it was quite fun. However, I don't think it was fun enough to pay for :-S.

8. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Steam has this for 75% off this weekend if anyone is interested.

Tags: Add Tags