1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Prince picks fight with the Internet

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 14 Sep 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. specofdust

specofdust Banned

"Someone has to start somewhere and we know this will make a serious impact"

Aww, the innocence of noob.

3. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I know i'm repeating myself, but, if the artists want more money they should just sell their music for cheap on their own websites... thx to broadband (almost everywhere), payment systems like paypal it shouldnt be too hard to realize...
    that way we could buy music for less, the artists would stil end up with more money, the only ones suffering would be the resellers like unsiveral, bmg and such, but hey... who needs them anyway? (+the riaa..lol.. but who doesnt want them to suffer?)

4. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

Heh... lets clean up the internet... right... there wouldn't be anything left except IM.. o wait we all do that on our phones now.. the infrastructure will instead be clammed by the TV companies to offer more tiered TV then we have now!! go go $120USD TV bills..

5. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

But you've got two problems with that
    a)It doesn't affect the charts. BIG issue.
    b)CDs are still the most popular medium for music.

<A88>

6. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

WHat Prince fails to realize is that the reason he doesnt make any money anymore has nothing to do with piracy. It just becasue hes a washed out "Has Been" that hasnt managed to make one decent song in 20 years :) I think that the only reason for anybody even remembering the guy is because of all his old stuff thats floating around on the evil internet. A thank you is maybe more in order than a lawsuit. Ok so maybe im not completely serious with my comment but i couldnt help myself :)

7. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Or it could've been his new album given away free the other week with a Sunday rag.

8. Risky

Risky Modder

When I saw the headline i was thinking "What's Charles said now...."

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

"You know, I don't think I've got enough money. Which public institution should I sue? Ahh, the Internet, no-ones done that one for a while"

10. revlob

revlob What's a Dremel?

Whoever came up with the picture caption deserves a biscuit, and a slap. It's awfully good. :)

11. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Oh look, a new download site....and another.... and there goes another. Trying to stop piracy and closing down pirate sites is like trying to fill a cup with no bottom. More sites pop up every second, and as you close down one pirate, antohter 10 replace them.

You have to just arrest the entire world for piracy. I bet £1 Million that Prince has done something ilegal in his life if it is only speeding, its still ilegal.

Get over it as its never going to stop. If record labels and producers drop their prices it would help more.

As a casual downloader, I think you have more chance winning the lottery than being done for piracy.

12. quack

quack Minimodder

1) I think you mean formerly. Maybe.
    2) And surely it should be "the artist formerly known as The Artist Formerly Known As Prince"... since his stage name is Prince again. ;)

13. Tim S

Tim S OG

Yes, I omitted thinking it was a typo when Phil was playing on words - whoops.

14. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I'll take the biscuit, but not the slap.

This whole situation just reminds me of Lars Ulrich leading the fight against Napster many moons ago. Thanks to Lars we now have better P2P software then ever before. GG dude.

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Trying this sort of thing is just like trying to dig a hole on a sandy beach, the further you dig the more it fills in. Many have said it before , but this sort of thing never works. They need to take a look at why people pirate stuff and take a look at what THEY are doing wrong, not the pirates.

16. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Blouses, Win.

Aggies

17. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

"...control how their image is portrayed."

Why?

Nobody else gets to control how their image is portrayed.

Phil

18. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Prince sucks. That Super Bowl halftime show was a freaking joke....enough said....

19. chunky_monkey

chunky_monkey What's a Dremel?

I had to chuckle when I read that he is using WEB SHERIFF to help him in his quest! That's it, pick the most useless company/person you can to help you take down the interweb thingy and that evil Pirate Bay......

See his last attempt listed under White Stripes / WEB SHERIFF here - http://thepiratebay.org/legal

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Wait, wasn't it Prince who gave away two million copies away of his latest album with some tabloid or something a couple months ago?

*headache*

Tags: Add Tags