1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 14 minutes of Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 4 Sep 2011.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

If you love borderlands as much as I do then this should get you pretty hyped!!

Love the skill names for the gunzerker.

2. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

The original was my favourite game of 2009 and from looking at this video the sequel could well be my game of 2012 :D

3. Whirly

Whirly What's a Dremel?

I like the colour palette but it does seem very busy. In the original there were often a lot of enemies coming at you fast but those were more like "ambush" moments. You could happily play the game in relative control of how many baddies you faced but the knowledge that an ambush could happen any moment made the game a tense affair at times. What worries me from watching that video is that they may have over-egged the pudding by upping the enemy count, explosions and chaos. The result could be battle boredom brought on by constant firing rather than battle fatigue brought on by constant fear of what will happen next.

4. rv88uk

rv88uk What's a Dremel?

I'd like to know how a sniper character (aka new mordecai) would approach that level, hopefully they'll still allow stealthy approaches. It did look quite hectic, rather than calmly picking off targets as I did in the first one (I guess that could just be because they were playing as 'gunzerker').

5. Neogumbercules

To be fair the segment being shown is during an actual mission where you breach an enemy encampment to rescue Roland. That could be why it looks so insane with enemies and explosions everywhere.

The part that got me the most excited was when he panned out over the terrain and Randy Pitchford said that the entire area was explorable terrain. THAT is gonna be awesome.

6. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

I just hope this turns out to be true, we all know what game dev bosses say pre-release ;)

7. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Shame they still have that annoying sprint FOV change.

Hopefully the PC version will be a PC version.

8. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Taken Down...

9. Jaybles

Jaybles Minimodder

10. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

It's also on Kotaku

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

12. Kiytan

Kiytan Shiny

I would totally buy a Collectors edition if it came in a toolbox that looked like the loot containers

13. enigma1026

enigma1026 What's a Dremel?

Cant wait for it to come out borderlands 1 was such a great game collectors edition all the way for number 2, a couple of friends only make things better.

14. Whirly

Whirly What's a Dremel?

I love Borderlands but I'm nowhere near as excited about Borderlands 2 as I should be. I'm not entirely sure why but I think it may be a number of things combined:

1. I get the feeling it's going to be Borderlands 1 with everything turned up to 11 to capture the Modern Warfare crowd. Big explosions, big set pieces, small gameplay. In fact, I suspect the gameplay won't have moved forward one bit. It seems to be the way of things with sequels nowadays.
    2. DLC. There will be loads of it and like most new releases nowadays they will drip feed it to up the cost of the game massively. I'll want some of it but won't be able to afford it. So the sensible part of me will want to wait for the GOTY version.
    3. DRM on release. Better to wait until it is removed or toned down.

Hopefully I'm wrong and B2 will turn out to be a wonderful and creative use of the B1 game mechanics...maybe sandbox it and set you in the role of a bandit creating his/her own domain. Or really up the RPG elements and include a real story and real interaction.

No chance. It will be Borderlands 1.5 - The Hollywood Blockbuster Production. And I'll see another seed of brilliance grow into a stunted MW wannabe.

15. Sharpiemwt

Sharpiemwt What's a Dremel?

I enjoyed the first borderlands alot, gameplay was fun, guns were varied and plentiful with a nice visual art style akin to XIII. The only problem i had was finding other players online to play it with, especially when there was that server port fiasco..urgh. However im looking to put that problem behind with BL2.

I also would love to see a mini Claptrap in the collectors edition, make it so gearbox! :clap:

16. Neogumbercules

They need to dump Gamespy and fully integrate steamworks into BL2 and I'll be ONE HAPPY CAMPER!

17. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

If this is just a 1.5 edition, I will gladly buy it aslong as there is sufficient amount of gameplay time in it.

The last one kept me and my flatmates happy for months! I still pick it up now and then for a grind with a mate.

18. Whirly

Whirly What's a Dremel?

Oh I'll still buy it but if it is BL 1.5 I'll wait until it's £5 on Steam for the GOTY version.

19. Hutchy

Hutchy What's a Dremel?

Videos already been taken down due to copyright issues. :( Anyone got another link?