1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BenHeck revises single-handed console controller

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Bloody stunning!

Dunno if it's my controller of choice, but I have top respect for the skills and design!

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Its a win for disabled people if they can get stuff like this. There has to be a market for people with 1 arm or deformed libs that would love to be able to play games like the rest of us. but they are basically told, stuff you!!, from all the manufactures because they dont do this type of thing or want to invest in it.

Input devices for PC's that cater for various disability’s are sold at extortionate prices and anyone who is disable in any way needs to be a lottery winner to buy the stuff to have the same lives as us. More needs to be done to bring awareness and help them. I

It would put alot of those kids in there place if they new they got beat at CSS, HALO 3 etc by someone who is disabled.

4. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I think its great that this kind of gear is being made at all. from reading about the creation of the original, it was originally asked for by a US Marine who had lost an arm but still wanted his gears of war fix, and this seems to be a natural progression of the concept. (see engadget for the original design)

5. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

Absolutely fabulous. I know someone who has very limited use of one of his hands and will only degrade as he gets older. This is perfect for him. The console makers should really be looking into doing this themselves. At least someone out there is doing. Ben Heck is one of the best modders ever.

6. choupolo

choupolo What's a Dremel?

I like BenHeck's stuff. But it doesn't look very...ergonomic. Maybe a more hand-shaped design would work.

Tags: Add Tags