1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Eye of Judgement cards can be copied

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

...this was like saying that its impossible to copy money

the only thing that stops you is the correct tools

3. quack

quack Minimodder

4. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Well, theres always cheats out there and they will do. Just takes the fun away and all should have their hands chopped off :)

5. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

In all honesty I could see this making the game more appealing for more people. from what I remember of trading card games (and we are talking nearly 20 years ago before puberty and realising girls aren't yucky) cards could be bought singularly from trading shops a vastly increased prices depending on the "rarity". Therefore the only thing that stopped people having the ultimate deck was lack of funds, and people with large amounts of cash had uber decks that used to stomp my natural deck into the ground. If all the cards can be printed off and scanned it becomes a game of deck building and not infinite wallet abusing. Along with this the card collecting people can have fun trading their cards, buying boosters and getting their own nice "real" decks the way they have always done. The only effect this thing will have is that Wizards of the coast and Sony won't be getting money for booster packs that people who would not really buy booster packs and just want to play a game, won't be buying.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

seriously, Wizards of the coast and sony does not have a lab to test these things?
    i mean.... my right nut could do better copy protection than that..... they could have put rfid tags on the cards.... or even increase the resolution of the camera.... or both..... and of course make them cheap so that more people could buy them and make them more profit.

7. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

Interesting game concept never seen anything like it.

8. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

I love the concept of this game alas I don't own a PS3 and won't anytime soon. However I don't think copying cards is cheating. I for one don't have the money to pour into buying cards for a video game I already own. I know that is part of the game but it just ensures that those with the cash will usually win. Unfair in my opinion, which is why I'm against buying characters and gear in other games. This just levels the playing field. Unfortunately it means a single person can have multiples of a really powerful card. That I am totally against as it is cheating.

9. Salazaar

Salazaar What's a Dremel?

So Sony's latest attempt to steal everyone's cash has totally backfired (i.e. the Pokemon ploy) because they forgot to do their homework and expected everyone to just believe them when they said these cards can't be copied. Well now the game's pretty much ruined, all anyone who want to win online has to do is to download whatever cards they need off whichever torrent site that inevitably hosts them and print them off. The only way to prevent using illegal cards is for both players to be there in person... pretty much negating the purpose of the whole kit and caboodle. D'oh!

Actually I think it's a bit of a shame, I thought it was quite a nice idea (despite the money grubbing aspect of it) which is now rendered pointless. Still, I wasn't planning on buying a PS3 so I'll just sit here and laugh at Sony.

10. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

Oh, don't we all just love TCGs... I suppose Sony never learns their lesson with assuming, but WOTC? ****, i don't blame them. MTG is/was huge, Pokemon was a subsequent wallet raper (and now, source of cheap card)...

11. rhuitron

rhuitron Bump? What Bump?

Sony's News Flash!

The person at Sony that first saw the hack Went, "DOH!" :wallbash:
    It makes me Happy.

12. Dev25

Dev25 What's a Dremel?

At first i was like wtf is this game about it looks interesting (Well the concept). But after seeing this der probaly like oh f*ck. 1 more problem to the ps3

13. pozo

pozo What's a Dremel?

I think TCG are ripoffs anyhow, so I'm happy this happened :) The only thing is the possibility of cheating with rare cards, however this could be patched out of the game via a 'maximal deck power' system or something like that. I don't know the game's rules, but you could perhaps require that 'attack points + defence points < 100 per deck'.

14. Seeknay25

Seeknay25 What's a Dremel?

Tags: Add Tags