1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Golden Joystick winners announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Golden joysticks have always had stupid winners, Oblivion cleaned up last year despite there being much better games out. Remember though, games like Halo 3 and Orange Box weren't actually in this one, they'll be in next years.

3. Nohawk

Nohawk What's a Dremel?

1 pc game in the lot and that was wow lol oops missed lotro

4. Nohawk

Nohawk What's a Dremel?

double post :/

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

LOTR? WTF? Thats not a PC game! Its just poo.

6. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

There is even a LOTR game?! Whatever!

If anything, the Crysis DEMO would probably have greater reason to be in the spot for PC Gamer GOTY. What has our world come to :(

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Lord of the Rings ONLINE? That's definitely a PC game, it says so on the box (well, actually, it says "Games for Windows", but you know what I mean).

I agree with the comments about GoW, though - where's Bioshock?

8. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

Horrible as usually. I don't know who votes for these games but it sure the hell isn't gamers.

9. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

please lets not start this to a WoW vs LOTRO bash-fest.... yes, im a LOTRO fan-boy, and its pretty much the best PC GoTY for me. updates and expansions every ~2months when the game is barely 6months old? MMO thats not about raid or grind but still very much a blast to play? hundreds of THOUSANDS of subscribers? much much better graphic than WoW and Dx10 supported (tho my 8800GTS is limping on that lol)?

yeah, those are good points in my book.

10. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

LoL @ PC Gamer .. LOTR Online? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

11. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

uh yeah...no.

Played the game, and despite some previous comments it's all about the grind. There's NO PvP. There's no evil playable races etc.

played it for 3 months when it came out and that was it for me

12. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

I played the 7 day free trial and was completely put off

true the graphics are decent (better than WoW for sure) and the gameplay at least attempts to be original, but it falls short of the mark

Bioshock, World in Conflict, or Crysis are better choices IMO

13. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Not to be anti-Wii (I have played one mutiple times btw), but the Wii is not THAT innovative.....if it didn't have a wired "Sensor Bar" you had to place directly in front of you (because the only way the remote works is if you point it directly at the Sensor Bar, along with the wire hanging down/up) then I would give it more credit....also I found w/ multiple games that I was swinging my arm in a specific motion rather than hitting a button (it felt like an advanced SIXAXIS controller i.e golf, baseball, tennis, driving a car, etc.), and the control of the "character/icon" didn't feel as controlled as I had expected. Overall the console is innovative from a controller standpoint, but as innovative as 360 or PS3 overall idk....I will have to play more games to find out......like Super Smash Bros. or the new Mario Kart....but from what I've played of it so far, it's not as great as Nintendo's Marketing Dept. had depicted.....

I wonder who came in 2nd?

Last edited: 30 Oct 2007
  14. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I've played quite a few games with the Wii and I have to say it is a lot of fun and it is innovative. The problem is people try to play the same old games on it and then complain they're playing the same old games on it with a different controller instead of playing games on it that are designed with the Wii's control system in mind.

15. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Veles I don't know if that comment was directed towards me directly or not, but I never said it 'wasn't fun' or 'not innovative'. My statements were in regards to it being "the most innovative" and nothing to do with its "fun factor".

Hints why I said, "I will have to play more games", but either way it was not a good "first impression" of the console and you must admit Veles that the Sensor Bar should never have been there in the first place......you don't see it w/ SIXAXIS but then again it's not the same thing, but still...Sony didn't build their system around it either.....

Either way you get my point and it is a valid point: many of the 1st-gen games didn't seem "innovative" enough to me and it has left me hoping for more......

16. MrBurritoMan

MrBurritoMan What's a Dremel?

i would have to say that i am not surprised that Wii Sports made the list but what about Team Fortress 2 -or- Portal???!?!?!?!

you know these awards discredit themselves when they don't even bother to give 1 catagory to such amazing and innovative titles. bah...such disappointment...so palpable....

Tags: Add Tags