1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OCZ Technology Introduces the ReaperX Series

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Guest-16, 7 Nov 2007.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

OCZ Technology Introduces the ReaperX Series, the Ultimate Combination of Cooling Technology and High Performance Memory

Delft, Netherlands—November 6, 2007—OCZ Technology Group (LSE: OCZ), a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today announced the ReaperX memory series, an innovative memory solution that utilizes highly effective heat transfer technology. Re-engineering the Reaper HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) design, the DDR2 PC2-6400 ReaperX uses a dual metal heatpipe formation to effectively offload heat and increase stability of memory modules. The unique ReaperX heatspreader is designed to deliver superior heat dissipation that is more effective than traditional heatspreaders.

As part of the award-winning OCZ HPC family, the ReaperX memory series is built with the same aim of optimal heat dissipation for the best possible overclocking environment for enthusiasts. Through leading-edge cooling technology and engineering, ReaperX HPC (Heat Pipe Conduit) modules offload heat with extreme efficiency due to a new dual copper heat pipe design. Each memory chip is in direct contact with a thermo-conductive pipe that guides the performance robbing heat away from key memory components and quickly dissipates it through the aluminum fin array.

“The new ReaperX series once again raises the memory bar for desktop computers by combining a high density configuration with Enhanced Bandwidth Technology and an innovative heat pipe design heat spreader,” commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ Technology. “The result is the new OCZ ReaperX, representing the ongoing commitment at OCZ Technology to promote ultra low latency, high frequency modules featuring standard and EPP operation modes as part of our leading role in the industry.”

http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc...aperx_hpc_enhanced_bandwidth_4gb_dual_channel

(Ed - 'bout time! I never liked the Reapers - the heatpipes didn't do jack and we told OCZ they had to cool the actual memory chips directly - which it looks like they have :D)

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Apr 2014
  2. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

ugly heatsink

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No! Perhaps the fins need to be black, but it looks smart and like it will actually work! Plus you can get two next to each other easily unlike the TeamXtreme Thermaltake ones.

4. sn1p3r

sn1p3r What's a Dremel?

Yeah sies that is ugly

5. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

I don't like the look of it, unless they like make the heatsink and heat-pipes black, or make it all something like that silver-black color you can make copper look like, I can't think of what it's called, anyone else know what I'm talking about?
    Anyway, does ram even need this sort of cooling? Unless they make it with some ram chips designed to take some pretty high voltages without burning out, I can't see this being at all necessary.