1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Duke Nukem Forever release next year?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 27 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. spazmochad

spazmochad Minimodder

Lets Rock!

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Is that vapourware becoming reality?

Ah, no, my bad, it was just fog.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I don't believe it, this game will never make it to our screens.

5. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

They've confirmed a sequel? I think they should concentrate on getting this game out the door first...

6. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Wait, they're planning a squel to a game that's already 10 years late? I suspect if we're lucky, our grandchildren will get to play it.

7. dom_

dom_ --->

boobs?

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

The delay has killed the game. I recon alot of people are going to be disapointed when and if it finally comes out.

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

If that's a screenshot you've up there it looks worse than GTA :p

10. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

Its still amazing about the people who care more about the graphics than the gameplay. I will still buy this, and if the gfx are a bit poor who cares, aslong as the gameplay is amazing.

So often people turn their noses up at games that dont put they uber clocked quad core, sli beast under some kind of strain. For me good gameplay comes first followed by eyecandy

Kimbie

11. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Ain't it the truth. Graphics are all very well, but if they're not backed up by a solid game... then when the next graphical marvel arrives, they're forgotten about.

I want to play this... but I'm not gonna hold my breath for the release date being accurate. ;)

12. CardJoe

An old 2001 screenshot.

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

hmm.... next on the news, phantom successfully releases its console.

i wont hold my breath.... but.... when it comes out i will be sure to buy it.

14. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I was going to write something lengthy and clever, but I decided not too:

If you were having relations with a stunningly ugly girl/guy but their performance was excellent, would you still not be put off by the troglodyte looking dreamingly into your terrified eyes? Wouldn't you just prefer the best of both worlds? Or are you happy with the bag-over-face technique?

Of course the gameplay still matters, but after this long wouldn't you expect them to have at least tried to make it look pretty? I wouldn't own a wii if I didn't appreciate gameplay.

15. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I dunno, some vapourware has turned out to actually quite good. Prey was, what, 10 years in the making, and that ended up being quite good fun. Team Fortress 2 is great, and Max Payne was another. It was at least 4 years behind when it finally came out, and that was a genre definining masterpiece (disagree and I'll shoot you, very slowly, whilst spinning through the air).

Granted many extremely delayed games end up being shite (e.g. Daikatana), but in the grand scheme of things, just because a game is delayed doesn't mean it'll be automatically crap if, or when, it is finally released. If Duke 4 does eventually come out, I'll be more excited than sceptical, but granted, that's a very big if. That said, in the past few months the trickle of information has been actually quite positive. Yes it may all be lies, but what would they gain from pretending it's going well? 3D Realms fund themselves now, and free from the influence of any publisher, it might actually turn out to be something special.

16. CardJoe

Agree, but I'd be more skeptical. There's plenty of games which exist on the fringe of vaporware - DNF just boasted enough to get this rep.

17. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I love the list of things that have happened since this game was announced.

At least Valve isn't this bad.

18. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

I hope they dont release it years after it should have been and it being horribly aged like stalker

19. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

i will believe it when i see it

20. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Stalker wasn't exactly that aged, it still needed quite an umphy computer to run it properly. I'd have liked to have seen people try to cope with running the game were it released a few years prior. I kind of wish with Stalker they'd taken another 6 months and just polished the rough edges off, it would have come out around August and still have been a perfectly acceptable game, graphics wise.

Tags: Add Tags