1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Assassin's Creed glitchy on PS3?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 5 Dec 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

lol surprise, surprise :hehe:

The 360 may have the ring of death but at least the games work :p

3. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Well, I've got the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed, and it hasn't frozen or crashed or got Altair's animation stuck on a horse or whatever... but I am running the firmware that comes on the Assassin's Creed Blu-ray disc (which I believe is 1.94) rather than the latest firmware update.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

On the topic of glitchy games, I am getting at least one disc read error per day with Mass Effect.

5. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

both versions are glitchy as heck

6. Ali-E4Bloke-K

Ali-E4Bloke-K What's a Dremel?

i far as i have found the PS3 vershon has no more cliches in it. (that i have found?)

7. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Yup, that's about par for the course.

As for Assassin's Creed, I've had a few crashes but haven't come across any of the glitches yet.

8. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

on my ps3 it's frozen 3 times on me over the course of a few days of playing
    not a big deal really. IF it doesn't freeze within the first few minutes of gameplay it doesn't freeze and i've never had any animation glitches.
    still though crashes seem kinda odd to witness on generally crash free consoles

9. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

I'm glad i got rid of my PS3 and stuck with my 360, but the flying thing sound like a great way to escape any situation.

10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It sounds like a hangover from the debug code. When I went to the launch event back in November, we were playing a debug version, and there was a certain controller combination (never did work out what it was) that put Altair into a kind of "noclip" mode - noticeable by the fact that (a) you could go through walls; and (b) that Altair started to flap his arms (I kid you not!).

I'm just wondering whether this is the same thing?

11. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

From the videos I've seen on YouTube, the problem doesn't seem like a noclip hack: the game either freezes entirely (as in the video I linked to in the article) or Altair himself freezes in mid-air while the camera can still be rotated around him at will.

A crash where the entire game freezes isn't that unusual, but having the lead character stop dead whilst the world continues around him is odd indeed.

12. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

My friend has had some bugs on the 360 version, don't know about the PS3 though, so I think it's maybe more apparent on the PS3 since there's more videos re: PS3....but again it's not alone....

13. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Yes, mine did freeze, glitch in mid air and have random "This disc cannot be read". But a patch was release for the PS3 on Saturday-ish and since then Ive been bug free.

Absolutely brilliant game. Loads of fun.

You're never going to get bug-free software anymore. Timelines, budgets and the rapidly evolving market and consumer expectations demand that games/sware be release asap, which means you cannot debug/test for every possible contingency.

I'm happy that Ubisoft managed to get a patch out there pretty quickly. :thumb:

14. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

15. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

16. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

17. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I have the 360 version and to say it is glitch free is a joke. I cant count the amount of time I got stuck inside of buildings from jumping roof to roof. 2 times ive managed to find where I fell in to be able to get back out but the others resulting in me re-loading my last save.

Also I had a horse disapear while ridding through kindom . All of a sudden I was walking and my horse gone.

But still, is expected in this generation because more and more games are not getting enough testing done and are release unfinished because people moad they are taken ages for them to release the game.

18. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

if this happens on both consoles then why does everyone make a big stink about it happening on the ps3 version and saying how it sucks yet the 360 has same problems.

and about mass effect having disc read errors. why was there no big thing about that? that is not acceptable.

seems certain people are just out to get ps3. i dont care if its got less games but many of the games it has are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! :)

BTW COD4 RULES!!!!!

19. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

nevermind

20. CanadianViking

CanadianViking Beast from the North

360 is glitchy as well, people need to stop picking on the PS3 for stupid reasons.

I hate fanboys. :rolleyes:

Tags: Add Tags